got ethical husbandry?

Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper AND Neptune APEX Controllers

Vortecs are indeed 'Made in the USA" :)

I was unaware RK weren't US made? I thought they were made up in Washington?

FWIW I don't own an APEX... yet :) I've had hands on with them and have communicated with those that tested the unit prior to the official release date.

Just a thought, maybe move the controller review/talk/etc over to a new thread in the Equipment forum? I mean poor Robert is simply talking about something he can get for club members as a cheaper than advertised (wink wink nudge nudge) price.

GreshamH said:
Vortecs are indeed 'Made in the USA" :)

I was unaware RK weren't US made? I thought they were made up in Washington?

FWIW I don't own an APEX... yet :) I've had hands on with them and have communicated with those that tested the unit prior to the official release date.

Dont listen to me. Now, that I think about it, I recall Ryan telling me RKs are made in the US. And, now, I think I recall Screbo telling me Vortec is made in the US too. As you may have learned about me in the last 6 months, I mean well, but a lot of the times I am not as knowledgeable about most things as many of you are. I think I'll try to lay low in the areas I'm not sure of. I think I took your inference of "buying local" to mean that the RK unlike Apex is not local. I must have misunderstood and made the matter worse. Thanks for the 411. Sorry :shy:

LOL...it surely doesn't hurt to ask!

So far, I have four peeps that are interested. I'll tell you guys what....I'll drop another $10 for those PM that I've replied to! If you have sent me a PM, you know the final price is pretty fair.

To make the deal even sweeter....I'll drop $10 for every five new orders.

Robert

RK is way less advanced than APEX...

I've been a tester of all Neptune products and I believe they are basically way superior to anything out there! The APEX does not have everything the AC3P has yet... But the compatibility will eventually get there. The software is not bullet proof because it's fairly new... But I believe it's way more advanced than anything.

The iPhone feature alone makes it impossible to compare!

I have FULL control of my tank while I'm away on vacation (for more than a month)! All using my iPhone to keep checking on it!

Robert,

Send me the price list also... I may be interested in adding a few modules. (2 EB8 and perhaps an EB4 If they are out yet ;)

I gotta say it's very refreshing to see a LFS bringing in what their customers request :) Kudos Robert!

robert4025 said:
LOL...it surely doesn't hurt to ask!

So far, I have four peeps that are interested. I'll tell you guys what....I'll drop another $10 for those PM that I've replied to! If you have sent me a PM, you know the final price is pretty fair.

To make the deal even sweeter....I'll drop $10 for every five new orders.

Robert

wow! that's another $20 off. :D I'm in.

OK guys...good news! We've reached 7! 3 more and the price will be dropped by another $10 for everybody. Keep them coming!

John...got you covered.

Robert

AJ...I don't think the EB4 is out, yet. I only see the EB8 on the list. I'll have to ask. I'll send ya a PM on price.

Robert

HEY GUYS....THE APEX CONTROLLERS ARE IN! I only have limited qty in stock so please shoot me a confirmation if you would like for me to hold one package for ya. I will only hold it til Sunday though. Otherwise, first come first served.

Hooray for early X-mas present! :santa:

From a guy that really enjoys "instant gratification" I've had a minute to wire up and program the Apex. It was up and running by 7 PM last night, a couple hours after I picked it up from Robert. It was extremely simple to mount up and took very little time to get familiarized with the programing interface. A 5th grader could set one up! I'll set-up the Ethernet connection after work today!
IMG_1002.jpg

very easy to work :) Be sure to change the login and password (you have to do it on the display) for internet login. When you do this, you will need to do the reset as well (also from the display).

Back