High Tide Aquatics

Dipping corals and rock in Flatworm Exit

Hey All,

Tanks moving along and almost ready to move the livestock from the 38 over to the 135. I have a flatworm problem in the 38 so want to dip all my live rock and corals in FWE before transferring. I know the procedure but what's the ratio of water to FWE that I put in the bucket? How long should I dip them for? Should I dip a clam? I'll be moving a Leather, Zoa's, a Torch, a Clam, Xenia's, shrooms, Palys, and Candy Canes. Anything in particular I should know? TIA

Viet

I've successfully treated a tank with SPS, LPS, BTA, shrimp, brittlestars, etc. with 2-3x the recommended amount of FWE. It nuked all the flatworms and everything else was unaffected, except for the brittlestars. I had hundreds of mini brittlestars crawling out of the rock and thrashing on the sand. The big brittle stars and serpent stars were unhappy also. I actually sucked/scooped all the stars (yes, even the minis) and transferred them to another tank... none of them died. FWIW, even the mini brittles in the main tank that I didn't suck out also eventually recovered.

No experience with FWE + Clam, though...

I was actually asking about using it as a dip. Like how much FWE should I put in a 1 gallon bucket? 1 drops? 2 drops? etc. Then how long do I leave them in there? 10 minutes? 15?

I have yet to OD anything with FWE. When I get corals from people/stores, I put one drop in whatever bag it comes in. That is several times the recommended dosage and I leave it in there for 15 minutes along with Revive or TMPCC.

In a 1 gallon bucket, I would use one or two drops. If I was only dipping FWE, then I would leave it in longer, like 20-25 mins. If I am mixing the dip with something else, then I would dip 15-20.

Back