High Tide Aquatics

Edible and nutritious Eggs?!!?

Nice. I have heard from a few people that even soaking the prepared eggs leaves some of the sugar - slight like carbon dosing.

It's official. Both anthias are alive, just hasn't filled in.

Breaking news on the larger of the two tukas. It is now starting to eat otohime! :D

Ibn said:

Breaking news on the larger of the two tukas. It is now starting to eat otohime! :D

That's awesome! What size Otohime? I just got some Otohime A, but never even considered trying it on these guys. Now I will!

No pics at the moment. Shy fish that likes to hide underneath one of the large caves that I haven't had time to pull the camera out for.

S1/S2 size. It's a mixture of the two and the larger one is eating both. Hopefully it starts to fill in as it starts eating more since the otohime is fed 4x daily.

Matt_Wandell said:
Ibn said:

That's awesome! What size Otohime? I just got some Otohime A, but never even considered trying it on these guys. Now I will!

A is basically a rotifer "replacement". Want me to send some C1/C2 & S1/S2? Feel free to email about this stuff Matt, we're always looking for opinions on this stuff from you guys.

arod2051 said:
Steeeee riike One!!!!

Seafood City did not have the package of capelin. Looks like a trip to Maxim is next, then Lion or 99 FTW!

Dunno where you are located but Pusan Plaza had some in Oakland last I was there.

C1 and C2 are just floating instead of the sinking for S1 and S2, right Gresh?

How much smaller is the A vs. the S1/S2?

www.Otohime.us
A = 250µm
S1 = 1000µm
S2= 1400µm

S doesn't mean sinking, although it does sink faster. The smaller stuff tends to collect micro bubbles more and is effected more by them. They all sink though. Floating isn't the preferred method of feeding most marine fish in the larval and weaning stage. Air and larvae do not go together at all. Any time a fish slurps from the surface it can ingest bubbles. This can and will kill a lot of larvae.

Dang, good info as always, Gresh.

That A is tiny compared to the S1/S2. I'm gonna order a sample to test that out (smaller tuka doesn't like S1 size food; same w/the red spot cardinals).

250µm is a powder for the most part. IMO it's too small for most fish. I would try Either the B series or the C series.

Here's the larger of the two that's on a predominantly pellet diet (smaller tuka still only eats nutramar ova).
tuka%20041010.jpg

The fish in the top is my dispar, that's even fatter.

GreshamH said:
Matt_Wandell said:
Ibn said:

A is basically a rotifer "replacement". Want me to send some C1/C2 & S1/S2? Feel free to email about this stuff Matt, we're always looking for opinions on this stuff from you guys.

Don't know how I missed this, but yes, absolutely.

So far I am super impressed with the Otohime A. I've been feeding it to the tiny dartfish, Trimma gobies, and even to some corals.

Sounds good. I'm pretty sure you guys are on our auto-fill shipping form. If not I'll give you or Rich a call to get the proper shipping address :)

We've got some stuff in development now that I can hardly hold my tongue about..... I'm too excited :lol:

Thanks, Matt. I'm just happy that both are alive. If the smaller one would switch over to pellets, that would really make my day.

I've been really impressed with how far the quality of food has improved over the years. I've always dreamt of keeping tukas and ventralis (also flavoguttatis after seeing them online recently), but have avoided them due to their track record. The article that you wrote (Matt) turned the vision into a possibility and plausible endeavor.

The attractant in the otohime is extremely strong (from the way it smells and the fish response) and did the trick.

Back