Jestersix

Ed's 195 LeeMar build.

hiepatitis said:
does your wife know about this tank? man if i ever get a big tank again i'm gonna do it right like you did.

Hiep, luckily.. my wife support my hobby..she just doesnt know the cost of equipments or corals...haha

I took my time on getting it set up, but that wasnt by choice. If it was up to me, it would have been completed a long time ago. But looking at it now, i'm glad i took my time.

hows your little boy? bet he's all grown up..

Ed,

Can you show more pic's of the "guts" of the system ? And a list of equipment ? CaRx reactor, top off, etc.
How you liking the BK by the way ?

Updates..

Got a few coral and started the coral hunt..

True Simplex, still brown out, but coloring up.
541979a0.jpg

New Aussie Acans.
f6978846.jpg

Clam
4d9c666c.jpg

more Aussie Acans
302556b8.jpg

8e8c2ee6.jpg

22d8d754.jpg

Full Frag tank Shot
8f372cb9.jpg

I apologize for late response and up date, work have been killing me lately.. here are some updates.

I recently took down my Sfiligoi fixture and replaced the stock magnetic ballast with an Electronic ballast, in which i chose to use Lumatek Selectable 250 to 400 watts.

68586a64.jpg

5e7b0caf.jpg

transformers that i removed out of the fixtures.. total weight my be at least 20+ lbs.
c4da25ff.jpg

Here are the replacement Ballasts. Etremely happy with the selection. I was running 400watts on the stock fixture. I assumed that i would be running the same wattage after the swap. I set the ballast at 250 using Radium bulb, and to my surprise. At 250 watts, it was much brighter than the stock 400.
134e1751.jpg

Also added a few more hardware inside the sump area.

03086860.jpg

PM Phosban reactor using one leg from the return pump monifold.
32702c60.jpg

Also added Bubble Magus pumps, plan on some some supplements.
e7fa0b88.jpg

NOW for the corals!!I finally added some of my corals from my frag tank. Poor guys been sitting in my frag tank for a while.. lost half of my Acan colonies.

7c5a4a5f.jpg

cd821040.jpg

8e80c117.jpg

83454875.jpg

a4363e7d.jpg

daffe908.jpg

cc44fa88.jpg

2ed8ea9b.jpg

9c3b25c6.jpg

Wow Ed...amazing attention to details in the build. I love the use of those cable trays. Makes all the cabling looks so neat.

Good stuff man. Can't wait to see the tank mature.

Thanks Robert..i think Erik is rubbing into me. His attention to every little thing in his tank amazes me. :) Hopefully i could get my corals to look like his...

Hit me up when you have some nice wild stuff.. thanks.

Back