EnderTurtle's 40 gallon breeder LPS

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Enderturtle, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Have you used the par meter to see what you're reading at various depths and locations?

Coral reefer likes this.
  2. Prisonfood53

Prisonfood53 Guest

Good looking goodies Enderturtle. Especially like that Alien Acne.

Ryan

3. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Nah I heard the par meter doesnt really work with kessils. Something about their special dense matrix led gives you an un true reading.

Plus my corals are telling me about light intensity by dying lol

4. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

I've read the same thing but I think it's readings are consistently inconsistent. So if it reads 10% (just a made up value) less than what it actually is then you can count on this everywhere you take a reading with it.

I'm also not entirely sure where this idea originated from either though. In order to verify that the par values that are read are low you would need a par meter that could actually read it correctly to make that statement.

5. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Some industry grade par meters are more sensitive in the uv and lower wavelengths and consistently give higher readings then the hobby grade par meters we use.

Can also extrapolate from what others use vs Kessil owners. If someone using T5 needs 300 par to have sps grow but I only need 200 par then either I got super lucky and have low light versions of the same sps or the light actually puts out closer to 300 par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. tankguy

tankguy BOD

I hadn't seen Mikes and in a long time. I saw it yesterday and his color is amazing. I would be very happy if that was mine.