Kessil

Eric's IM 40L aio

Been a while since I've updated this. For the longest time I was killing every frag I put in there. I'm still having a hard time keeping acans and chalices. Super frustrating considering my past successes in my frag system.

I'm sending one of my xr15s back because the fan will not turn off no matter what.

I also just rescaped with some rock I got from @Jonathan Chia and his latest tank breakdown (he'll be back)

View attachment 48592

So everything since this picture has died other than the fish. It really bummed me out and I pretty much gave up on this hobby. Well the time has come to get back at it. Other than all the coral skeletons the tank is pretty clean right now. Zero algae or aptasia. I'm going to start adding coral again. Wish me luck!!!

20231123_150409.jpg

It really bummed me out and I pretty much gave up on this hobby. Well the time has come to get back at it. Other than all the coral skeletons the tank is pretty clean right now.
Just got all caught up on this journal. I'm glad to see you're still moving forward with it! The last 4 responses are 100% what makes being a part of this group awesome. I know I'm still new and I don't have much to offer, but if there was something I had extra of, I'd be stoked to be able to give you some for your tank. Gold torch?!

Hey! Steps in the right direction. Sucks to hear that some of your gear is taking a dump on ya. Is the torch settling in nicely and coloring up more yet?

I can't figure it out. I haven't dosed anything in at least 5 months. Three weeks ago when I added a few frags my alk was reading 12. A lot higher than I've ever kept it. In the last three weeks it's slowly gone up to 14.1. Why's my alk keep going up? Tested with hanna and salifert.

I can't figure it out. I haven't dosed anything in at least 5 months. Three weeks ago when I added a few frags my alk was reading 12. A lot higher than I've ever kept it. In the last three weeks it's slowly gone up to 14.1. Why's my alk keep going up? Tested with hanna and salifert.
Dumb question: are you dosing anything? Doing water changes?

I'd double check your salinity, and cross-check against another one.

If you've been doing water changes, I'd also double check there's nothing weird going on there; eg do an alk reading on the fresh salt.

If not dosing, I'd also double check your top-off water. A stretch but did you somehow get Kalk or dosing into the RO?

Dumb question: are you dosing anything? Doing water changes?

I'd double check your salinity, and cross-check against another one.

If you've been doing water changes, I'd also double check there's nothing weird going on there; eg do an alk reading on the fresh salt.

If not dosing, I'd also double check your top-off water. A stretch but did you somehow get Kalk or dosing into the RO?
No dosing or water changes in months. I don't use Kalk.

Back