Neptune Aquatics

Explain your forum nickname and your avatar!

a·nath·e·ma
  [uh-nath-uh-muh]
–noun, plural -mas.
1.a person or thing detested or loathed: That subject is anathema to him.
2.a person or thing accursed or consigned to damnation or destruction.
3.a formal ecclesiastical curse involving excommunication.
4.any imprecation of divine punishment.
5.a curse; execration.

Knarly dude!!
Look forward to meeting you in person :bigsmile:

Mr. Ugly said:
tuberider said:
My avatar is Ricky from Trailer Park Boys, my favorite TV show.
It's not Clint Eastwood??

clint_eastwood1.jpg

:D

For a while I thought it was from this picture...

Live_Fast_Die_Young_Rebel_Without_A_Cause.jpg

Miles- our cat
405- first apartment # many years ago
Lame!
Old default username. Wish I would thought about a better name when I signed up.

Someday I will make up for it with the best avatar EVER!

gerbilbox..."gerbil" because my best friend bestowed me the nickname by accident to describe my hair cut many years ago. I'm unsure where "box" came from, but it's a variation to register for a site because someone else had stolen "gerbil" as a user name.

My avatar: I am a polyp. No, it's a strawberry anemone (Corynactis californica) photo I took during an invertebrate zoology class at UC Davis. It's not an anemone but a corallimorph, but either way it's one of my favorite photos and one of my favorite California invertebrates.

Per Wikipedia - A fungus (pronounced /ˈfʌŋɡəs/; pl. fungi[3] or funguses[4]) is a member of a large group of eukaryotic organisms that includes microorganisms such as yeasts and molds (British English: moulds), as well as the more familiar mushrooms. These organisms are classified as a kingdom, Fungi, which is separate from plants, animals, and bacteria.

Fungi - So per above and because mushroom are one of the many corals we have, my favorite type being the Yuma, plus the fact that I am a fun guy gave me the name FunGuy... Yes, so ingenious (sarcastically speaking).

My Avatar - which I thought I had wasn't, is now... It is pretty self explanatory again. It's me and my usual outfit you'd find me in... Sometimes however you see my twin brother Toad , a mushroom kingdom citizen, running around in those Super Mario Brothers games.

Oops, apparently I don't have an avatar.

Also the '2' is because I used "Vincerama" on Reefcentral and then immediately forgot my password, so I created another Vincerama2 nickname. Lame, yes, but that's the story behind '2'

V

Thales - a presocratic philosopher, the first person to postulate that humans came from fish
Avatar - Early from Squidbillies wearing a hat with my old logo on it (thanks Gresh!)

JAR said:
gimmito said:
Gimmito-pronunced No-water inmytank. A nickname my mum gave me as a kid or as Gresham calls me "Lil Google." :p

No avatar. I tried downloading a cool shot of the jellyfish tank at The Steinhart, but it was too big.

Fixed :bigsmile:

:X...some moderators should not have contol over posts. :p

my favorite color is yellow. and i loved eating jello in the cafeteria. and there weren't many words that rhymed with yellow. this has been my username and gamer tag since high school... however, red jello tastes the best.

photo of my midas blenny and chromie.

gimmito said:
JAR said:
gimmito said:
Gimmito-pronunced No-water inmytank. A nickname my mum gave me as a kid or as Gresham calls me "Lil Google." :p

No avatar. I tried downloading a cool shot of the jellyfish tank at The Steinhart, but it was too big.

Tip: Anyone can edit a quote.

Try it.

JAR said:
gimmito said:
JAR said:
gimmito said:

Tip: Anyone(even JAR) can edit a quote.

Try it.
It works! :D

Back