Our mission

Explain your forum nickname and your avatar!

CookieJar= a secret government storage place that you don't want to get caught it (true story but too long for a post).

Avatar- my favorite & best chalice that is now not quite so round due to too much fragging.

Modernreefkeeper = actually intended as sort of a pun, because I actually run Berlin style system..lol
I was thinking like it's fashion, it will eventually Come back around.. Plus I have a tendency to always have these jinormous email addresses for some reason.

Aviatar was selected when I was struggling looking for a standard "job"..
Contract work was sort of sparse...

Well Orion was the name of the first dog I ever had, He was a mix of German Shepperd, Siberian Husky and Wolf. My father named him after the Orion Constellation which name refers to Orion, a hunter in Greek mythology.

My avatar is a picture of myself with my actual dogs Nyla a Bernese Mountain Dog and Leila a Siberian Husky and Shiba Inu Mix.

Nyla's name origin is Gaelic and means Champion

Leila's name origin is Arabic and means Night Beauty

The wife and kids picked the names for our 2 dogs and I agreed.

You guys haven't heard of the latest "reef craze" ? Waterless tanks....no nitrate, phosphate issues, no heat issues, & best of all....no water changes ! :p

gimmito said:
You guys haven't heard of the latest "reef craze" ? Waterless tanks....no nitrate, phosphate issues, no heat issues, & best of all....no water changes ! :p

You should start one!
I'll bet you get to 1000 posts before you get the tank!
:D :D :D :D :bigsmile:

Mine is pretty simple. SF for the SF bay area and boarders because I surf and snowboard.

Avatar is some random photo of a guy in a barrel. This avatar would probably fit Jeremy better. :)

Ibn - from 13th warrior; saw it sometime in the past and for some reason it just stuck.
Avatar - Random picture taken at Long Beach Aquarium

...now that I'm here
xcaret a place in the Yucatan Peninsula I want to be one day in...
and a thing of the past; the fabulous 50's

xcaret said:
...now that I'm here
xcaret a place in the Yucatan Peninsula I want to be one day in...
and a thing of the past; the fabulous 50's

Is that near Xcalak?
I was there twice and I want to go back!
I dove Chinchorro Reef. It was amazing!

I sort of fell in love with the place after friends talked about it and had pictures (no underwater) then a TV documentary about the area with UW footage...
Has been almost three decades since I wanted to go; one day will...

Back