Jestersix

Foster City - 125 6ft set up. Looking for help moving

Blaise006

Supporting Member
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well!

I am looking for help moving a new 125g into my garage.

I would be willing to pay $75 flat + $25 per hour of work. So I assume that would be $100 per person since it shouldn’t take more than an hour to move it into the car at the fish store, drive to my house 15 mins away, and load it into the garage. I will round up to the nearest hour, so if we go over by a minute I will pay for the equivalent of two hours ($125).

It would be great if I could get this done on June 5th. Please let me know if anyone would be willing to help.

Best,
Hunter

Just a suggestion if possible, this is the same day as the fragging workshop. If you could pick another day or schedule for after the workshop ends, you might have better luck. I know it would be tough on the frags to sit in their water right after the workshop, so maybe I could come around 2 that day to help.

Just a suggestion if possible, this is the same day as the fragging workshop. If you could pick another day or schedule for after the workshop ends, you might have better luck. I know it would be tough on the frags to sit in their water right after the workshop, so maybe I could come around 2 that day to help.
I am very flexible. It can be the following week as well. Whenever I can gather the people to make it happen will work for me haha.
Anyone with experience moving a tank that size that wants to offer moving advice, please do so! I would love to hear some opinions.

I am very flexible. It can be the following week as well. Whenever I can gather the people to make it happen will work for me haha.
Anyone with experience moving a tank that size that wants to offer moving advice, please do so! I would love to hear some opinions.
Get dolly's and moving quilts. I did mine without suction cups, it was hard and we (I) almost had the tank fall. Get the suction cups if you can. I believe the club has a set you can borrow as a supporting member. A 125 should only take 1 or 2 additional people tops. I did my 125 with 2, but we aren't small people.

On my big tank, we used saw horses as a staging area before doing the final lift. The drop almost happened going from a low finger grab, to trying to "clean" (in the weightlifting sense) the tank and get my palms under it.

Ping me when you’re set on the time. I can most likely spare a couple of hours on sat morning. Can’t stay past noon ( I’ll turn to a pumpkin). Don’t need to be paid.

If @Coral reefer is coming, I will have to browse his DBTC collection or pick up some of his cheap frags

Tank arrived a week early.

i still need to rent a uHaul to pick it up. If I can find atleast one other person for Sunday, I’m sure we can get it done in under an hour. Otherwise I’ll wait till the following week or week after.

I will snag the suction cups for coral reefer :)
Really appreciate all the help.

Back