Cali Kid Corals

Frag Swap is Coming !!

Wlachnit

Past President
FRAG SWAP IS COMING !! .... Stay Tuned....

After a long dark 2020....We are excited to let everyone know that we are planning a frag swap in the back half of June. Things are now heading into a state where we can have gatherings as we enter Summer. We'll post more info as soon as we have it.

FRAG SWAP IS COMING !! .... Stay Tuned....

After a long dark 2020....We are excited to let everyone know that we are planning a frag swap in the back half of June. Things are now heading into a state where we can have gatherings as we enter Summer. We'll post more info as soon as we have it.
Will this be an open swap or members only?

I'm not a BoD, but there's always been a restricted list. It contains things that are often considered pest corals like Xenia, GSP, Kenya Tree, etc
True - but I definitely remember a bunch of Xenia and GSP frags that people had put up for free at the last swap. From what I remember, all those were claimed too!

Yo don't make it member exclusive. I still want to visit with some old fogeys and do some catching up. Not planning on swapping, even though I'll probably toss some frags onto the tables regardless (not from the the freebie/banned lists that doesn't count).

We are still actively working on the details. Most likely going to be a member’s swap as a thank-you to our patient members and because they are easier to organize.

Eric of course you are welcome to come hang out even if you haven’t upgraded your membership by then, you’ve helped with so many of these over the years. Plus the membership rule is for swapping, not hanging out. It’ll be good to see you. It is possible for this swap that we may need to have limits on attendance and pre-registration due to COVID rules, we don’t have that entirely sorted yet. Anyhow the cost to become a member and join the member’s swap is about the same as the cost to attend a regional swap, so almost a wash there for people deciding whether or not to join.

As far as the “banned” corals, what Bruce said is still the rule. Banned is probably the wrong word, more like unswappable. For sure bring them to put on the freebie table, but they don’t count toward your required 3 corals to enter the swap. They will all find a new home. I generally bring stuff for the freebie table too, there’s nothing wrong with that at all.

We are still actively working on the details. Most likely going to be a member’s swap as a thank-you to our patient members and because they are easier to organize.

Eric of course you are welcome to come hang out even if you haven’t upgraded your membership by then, you’ve helped with so many of these over the years. Plus the membership rule is for swapping, not hanging out. It’ll be good to see you. It is possible for this swap that we may need to have limits on attendance and pre-registration due to COVID rules, we don’t have that entirely sorted yet. Anyhow the cost to become a member and join the member’s swap is about the same as the cost to attend a regional swap, so almost a wash there for people deciding whether or not to join.

As far as the “banned” corals, what Bruce said is still the rule. Banned is probably the wrong word, more like unswappable. For sure bring them to put on the freebie table, but they don’t count toward your required 3 corals to enter the swap. They will all find a new home. I generally bring stuff for the freebie table too, there’s nothing wrong with that at all.
Thanks John for the clarification!

Sounds so great! I’m curious if any will be available to buy as my tank is only 5-6 months old and have nothing to swap but need corals to fill out my display. Thanks! Scott

Back