Jestersix

Frag Swap is Coming !!

I wanted to drop a quick line to folks and say thank you for getting this together. I'm looking forward to joining, this will be my first chance to attend a bareefer's event and I'm pretty excited to have chance to actually meet some people into this hobby. Looking forward to it.

Are non-members welcomed to attend the event to crush some brews and catch up with old friends/acquaintances? Are non-members welcomed to attend to get the feel for such an event, and perhaps even have the ability to sign up on the spot? Or is the headcount capped with members given priority (not sure of the overall capacity/headcount allocated to the space being used due to covid restrictions)?

Are non-members welcomed to attend the event to crush some brews and catch up with old friends/acquaintances? Are non-members welcomed to attend to get the feel for such an event, and perhaps even have the ability to sign up on the spot? Or is the headcount capped with members given priority (not sure of the overall capacity/headcount allocated to the space being used due to covid restrictions)?
We will have to get more info about capacity restrictions as we get closer to the event, and as we see how many people RSVP.

Since you have helped with so many of these over the years and all of us who’ve been around know you, I would have no problem having you attend as a non-swapper. Members can bring a guest space permitting. Other guests who have never been a member of the club have generally not been invited to attend since this is intentionally an event for members. We will have a Regional swap for them pretty soon.

Last edited:
I need some eye candy on my arm. You can be my +1.

• Haha
Reactions: Ibn
Have fun ya'll. Would have liked to see this happen outside SF/non penninsula.
We made a conscious effort to find a venue that met our budget and was not in SF...but we couldn't come up with anything suitable. So, instead of taking more time to keep searching and delaying the swap, we decided to pull the trigger on this one.

We made a conscious effort to find a venue that met our budget and was not in SF...but we couldn't come up with anything suitable. So, instead of taking more time to keep searching and delaying the swap, we decided to pull the trigger on this one.
I understand :)

$30 answers all your questions right now: https://bareefers.org/forum/index.php?account/upgrades

Have fun ya'll. Would have liked to see this happen outside SF/non penninsula.
I'm coming from Almaden Valley, it's worth the drive even if just to hang out and talk to fellow club members. Though can we check to see if its the same weekend as anything else held that area? Last time there was a festival just down the street and parking for those coming a little later was pretty bad.

I'm coming from Almaden Valley, it's worth the drive even if just to hang out and talk to fellow club members. Though can we check to see if its the same weekend as anything else held that area? Last time there was a festival just down the street and parking for those coming a little later was pretty bad.
I'm coming from Elk Grove. I win.

If you just happened to be at seven stills that day there’s no rule that’s says I can’t buy you a beer...
As for on the spot signups we really are trying to enforce pre registration

Reactions: Ibn
I sadly won’t be able to come, I’ve had a backpacking trip planned for that weekend for a while. But excited nonetheless that it’s happening and stoked to see everyone at the next one

Back