Neptune Aquatics

FREE '24 BC Adam Bomb SPS Growout Contest

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
New one. Thanks @Invictus
20240313_085141.jpg

Mine are turning this color too, but the pictures of BC Adam Bomb that I’ve seen are pink/purple. Is it a color evolution process?

I'm very interested in this. In my memory the coral was always very red, but then I looked back at the thread where I was selling the frags for $10, and this was my picture of the BC Adam Bomb:

1710969052415.png

So maybe the deep red coloration comes later. At it's peak health the coral was unmistakably deep and dark red.

Mine has really started to color up. Pixel camera, orange lens. No edits.

1000004420.jpg

I moved it closer to the light. Will move it again closer soon.

Full frag tank pic for reference. Everything has been very stable recently. That means it's time for me to screw it all up by setting up a new, bigger frag tank.

1000004416.jpg

This is kind of what mine is starting to look like! With a tiny little bit of encrusting too. How much light are you giving it right now?
Not really sure. I'll pull par readings this week and try and measure size.

It was doing well initially, looking healthy. I moved it closer to the higher par less than a week ago and I think it's colored up a lot since then. Might be coincidental, but is at least coincidental.

This is going to be interesting to see how it colors up under different conditions knowing they came from the exact same colony.

Mine is looking PC Rainbow-esque with some green and yellow under tones.

The single I took last night after white channels turned off with Orange kraken glasses.

The double is a minute or so ago before white channel turns off with orange kraken glasses. The left is a slight bigger chunk left over from fragging shop unsuitable to be cut as compention.

I'm pretty excited I can actually see it starting to encrust. The cali cali and green slimer also has some visable growth.

I'm consider moving them higher but not sure where I could put that hollywood stunner chalice so its sweepers won't risk hitting anything.

Attachments

• 20240319_221934.jpg
    20240319_221934.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240320_200456.jpg
    20240320_200456.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 22
Mine has really started to color up. Pixel camera, orange lens. No edits.

View attachment 54046

I moved it closer to the light. Will move it again closer soon.

Full frag tank pic for reference. Everything has been very stable recently. That means it's time for me to screw it all up by setting up a new, bigger frag tank.

View attachment 54047

What size is your frag tank,and roough measurements?

Awesome so not to big. Any specific reason frag tanks tend to be more shallow verse regular tanks.
Saves money on lights primarily. You can have a weak light, or a light running at low %s, and still get a lot of PAR because it doesn't have to penetrate water.

Also makes moving things around a bit easier since you're only reaching into a bit of water, but 95% is because of the lighting.

Well it’s still alive. Some sign of encrusting.

Alk- 8
Ca - 490
Mag 1450
Phos - 0.01
Nitrate - ~5

@ReyDeFarts what is needed for monthly update? Do I need to stick the ruler in there? Not really any vertical grow.
Thanks for being the first monthly check-in for the contest. I understand not having to use a ruler every month. I suppose it's fine to make it an optional requirement for the monthly check in photos.

It would be required for the last check-in photo. It will need to be a clear and focused image with the ruler right next to the frag.

Not officially part of the contest, but thought it’d be fun to track progress along with you all. Let me know if you’d like me to bow out to reduce thread clutter.

My frag that I got from Arvin on 3/9 is turning slightly more yellow. It has started to encrust a little over the super glue.

View attachment 54136
Looking great! Mine is getting a lot of yellows and orange. I'll try and get an updated pic later, depending if I get home at a reasonable time.

Please feel free to include pics and updates!

Back