got ethical husbandry?

Free SPS and lots of it, nice stuff, but you need to come frag it in SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been maintaining my 300G+ aquarium remotely for some time but it's reached the point of no return, and I can't hold it together any more. Here is a thread of some of the corals from better days.

But some of what is left is very nice, including a massive SCOP that is at least like 6" across with tens of large frag-able branches (which I've poorly pictured below), and a few other giant corals that are very nice. Also some comically large Euphyllia. Honestly I don't even know everything that is still alive because the glass is so coated with algae but from what I can see from the top there are still some choice corals left.

I'm looking for a person or group to come one time and just frag anything and everything possible from it. This is a full demo and salvage job for the corals, you can frag anything as aggressively as you want, anything left behind will die. I would do it all myself but I'm dealing with a back injury and the injury is not going to heal faster than the tank is going downhill. I'm sure you could easily get 100+ frags of whatever is left in there. Do whatever you want with the corals, though I'd prefer if you'd distribute them to fellow club members but if you want to sell them, that's up to you.

Cosmetically the aquarium in bad shape but the corals that are still alive are quite healthy. It's some combination of massive living corals, massive dead corals, hair algae, dinos, etc. The only thing I can guarantee there are not are coral pests, which I meticulously quarantined every coral that went in there and I've seen no evidence of in many years.

Aquarium is located in the Castro in SF, you must come there, you must bring all your own fragging and storage supplies and have at it. We'll of course schedule a mutually convenient time for this.

If you are interested send me a PM. If multiple people are interested I'll prefer people/groups who can handle hundreds of frags and somebody with a plan to distribute some portion of the corals to others for free.

Attachments

• IMG_8496.jpg
    IMG_8496.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 142
I would be down to be apart of this for the experience and fraging. Count me in to whoever coordinates helping hand!

I would do it all myself but I'm dealing with a back injury and the injury is not going to heal faster than the tank is going downhill.
Sorry to hear about your back. Never fun having to deal with back injuries. Wishing you the best recovery.

@JVU If you are able to coordinate this for Dan, I would like to try and be there to help and learn...and get pics of course.

Just an idea, but the CFM is coming up and maybe it would be a great way to encourage folks to join up as supporting members. Maybe they get a free frag or two for joining at the event. I am assuming we cannot sell frags to help build funds for the club. How about free frags with donations encouraged? Just throwing ideas out there.

Don't worry, the tank will be back in a couple of years. I thought I could keep it running in between a move of houses but it turned out to be too impractical. Need to just break it all down then rebuild it again. Which is why I'm keeping all the equipment, only the livestock needs to go.

I think the injury will be fine in the long term, just not before hair algae swamps all the corals. If I could give up my children and focus only on the aquarium my back would definitely be fine, but alas I'm not allowed to do that.

I've been maintaining my 300G+ aquarium remotely for some time but it's reached the point of no return, and I can't hold it together any more. Here is a thread of some of the corals from better days.

But some of what is left is very nice, including a massive SCOP that is at least like 6" across with tens of large frag-able branches (which I've poorly pictured below), and a few other giant corals that are very nice. Also some comically large Euphyllia. Honestly I don't even know everything that is still alive because the glass is so coated with algae but from what I can see from the top there are still some choice corals left.

I'm looking for a person or group to come one time and just frag anything and everything possible from it. This is a full demo and salvage job for the corals, you can frag anything as aggressively as you want, anything left behind will die. I would do it all myself but I'm dealing with a back injury and the injury is not going to heal faster than the tank is going downhill. I'm sure you could easily get 100+ frags of whatever is left in there. Do whatever you want with the corals, though I'd prefer if you'd distribute them to fellow club members but if you want to sell them, that's up to you.

Cosmetically the aquarium in bad shape but the corals that are still alive are quite healthy. It's some combination of massive living corals, massive dead corals, hair algae, dinos, etc. The only thing I can guarantee there are not are coral pests, which I meticulously quarantined every coral that went in there and I've seen no evidence of in many years.

Aquarium is located in the Castro in SF, you must come there, you must bring all your own fragging and storage supplies and have at it. We'll of course schedule a mutually convenient time for this.

If you are interested send me a PM. If multiple people are interested I'll prefer people/groups who can handle hundreds of frags and somebody with a plan to distribute some portion of the corals to others for free.
very kind of you
and you definitely came to the right place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back