Jestersix

Friend seeking to rehome 3 clownfish

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
Hey all; a friend of a friend is moving soon, and is seeking to rehome 3 clownfish. I'm unclear what kind (I'd guess regular ocellaris), but they're getting desperate to try and find a home for them. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Fish have been claimed.

Last edited:
My single ocellaris has been on his (probably her now) own since his spawning partner of 4 years died. If there's a smaller male I'd like to introduce them, or even all 3 to see who pairs up. My tank is 7ft so there's a chance of two pairs finding their own territory and getting along.

When does he need them out by? I'm gone until June 7th but can pickup after.

Comment from them:

"They are farm raised. The white one, named Jeff, we've had since 2017 and the 2 black and white ones, Stan and Big Mama, we've had since 2015.

The black and white ones do not get along with Jeff so we have to keep them separated in the tank. The 2 black and white ones laid eggs once in 2018/2019.

The aquarium wouldn't take them because they are "designer" fish. And the few people interested on Nextdoor didn't pan out. The aquarium also put something out on their internal message board but no one has reached out either.

I'm still hoping to find them a home so they don't have to go through a move."

PXL_20240212_011106014.jpg
PXL_20240212_011644788.jpg
PXL_20240212_011112147.MP~2.jpg

Amazing fish. If no one wants either the pair or the single one(no room for all 3) I have a tank that could house them.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to get them. More so if no one does I would.

Hey all; a friend of a friend is moving soon, and is seeking to rehome 3 clownfish. I'm unclear what kind (I'd guess regular ocellaris), but they're getting desperate to try and find a home for them. If anyone's interested, please let me know.
What city are the fish located? I know you're near Sac.

My single ocellaris has been on his (probably her now) own since his spawning partner of 4 years died. If there's a smaller male I'd like to introduce them, or even all 3 to see who pairs up. My tank is 7ft so there's a chance of two pairs finding their own territory and getting along.

When does he need them out by? I'm gone until June 7th but can pickup after.
In the next one to two weeks; I will keep you posted but my understanding is that time is is the essence

I'm actually in Carmel until Monday hah. Problem is though I'm leaving for a week on Wednesday. Let me see if I can get someone to watch them. I'll PM you

Edit: nm won't work with my current clown

Last edited:
If the pending falls through, I can take them. My tank has been fishless for years because we had a tank failure years ago and one of my daughters was too traumatized to get new fish. However, now she's a teen so she's like "Eh, whatever". LOL. 180 g tank with anemones, etc. Tanks been up for 18 years.

V

Back