Kessil

Getting back into reefing, where have the east bay lfs gone?

you all forgot Bay Bridge aquarium in Oakland.....

IMO kinda a messy shop but owner does QT fish and I gotta give him props for hanging in the business after moving locations during COVID....

You pay more for the fish but again he QT's them and I guess that is worth it to those who don't have a home QT setup.
Ah yea! 5 of my fish are from Bay Bridge primarily because I was able special order and have them quarantined.

Last couple times I went there it still looked like a work in progress but I'm still rooting for them. The setup at their old location was pretty sweet.

you all forgot Bay Bridge aquarium in Oakland.....

IMO kinda a messy shop but owner does QT fish and I gotta give him props for hanging in the business after moving locations during COVID....

You pay more for the fish but again he QT's them and I guess that is worth it to those who don't have a home QT setup.
He also give discount for bulk buy for salt and frozen fish food, too.

Seems like it’s hard for mid range shops. Places like ac and Neptune, which are top notch and pristine are going to be successful. But more general purpose places, that have issues, lose their hard goods sales to online and the high margin to aforementioned top end shops.

I
Mainly just fish. They have some coral in a big tank but it's infested with aptasia and their huge chalice was losing its flesh last time I was in. It'll take awhile and a lot of work before their salt water section is really good. I bought a pair of black storm clown fish and couldn't get them to eat anything from day one and lost them about a week or so later. I called to ask what they fed their salt fish and got this lecture about how they've never once lost any of their clown fish and they feed them a frozen mix soaked in garlic. Not going back there for awhile.
I 2nd that. In the first location, the set up was decent. New location, many of the tanks have some algae plastered among the walls. It’s not pretty.

I am not sure if it’s the internet that causes LFS unable to compete or something else. Aquatic collection’s business is booming, especially during the pandemic. I see people of all ages in there..

Their fish at any rate seem to be at competitive pricing with live aquaria-and rather not buy off internet for a lot of reasons. Maybe if I didn’t live relatively close to a decent LFS I’d rethink that..

Back