Kessil

GHL Profilux 4 Aquarium Controller

I mean I know enough about it that it seriously was on my radar of aquarium tank controllers and if I won it at a raffle I certainly would not turn around and resell it. It seems a little more DIY computer based in that you don't just grab some aquabus cable (or whatever) and plug in a new module, it's like little expansion cards that you'd put into a computer (think PCI devices) i.e. you plug directly into the device's motherboard.

That said, not as many options as the ugly orange box, but maybe enough options such that most people will use what's available.

I researched them quite a bit as I was thinking of replacing my Apex classic.

General thoughts:
GHL has better quality hardware.
Apex has better software, is easier to use, has better support, and has more add-ons.

I went with a new Apex.

+1 on nice score for raffle.

Right.
Apex is in our backyard and great customer support. You can't really go wrong for the investment.

Awesome score. I just installed a ProfiLux 4e on my aquarium. Super easy to set up and does everything I needed. Everyone that has one seems to rave about them, which is the main reason I decided on GHL over apex.

I have P4 on one of my setups. Solid controller. What I love about it is the default functions that comes with the conteoller which resulted in simpler setup and less wires. Like all probs support is included including o2/orp, salinity as well as functions like leak detection and ATO all in the same box.
The build of the conteoller is like nothing else in the market.

Huge thanks to GHL for their donation! And to Bruce for organizing it!

I haven’t used it personally but I’ve seen lots of people comment that it is great and really solid.

Back