Jestersix

Glass hole driller

Anyone have a local place that drills glass tanks? I called a few shops in the Union City area and while they said they could do it, I'm a little skeptic as they all said they never drill aquariums and talked about drill presses and such. I thought a drill press would exert to much force and crack it straight away?

Tyler at DPV can drill glass tank. You can buy the bit on ebay and drill it yourself. It's not that hard to drill. Just take your time and don't apply too much pressure. Let the drill does the work.

drill presses are simply what they sound like, they allow you to press a drill onto a surface, can you put too much force? Oh sure.. but you can if you do it by hand as well, great thing about a drill press is it allows you to drill straight up and down without worry of the drill bit sliding all over the place (it will until it 'bites in' to the glass)

Just spoke to someone at DPV which is in fact Dolphin Pet Village, $20 a hole. Exactly what I was looking for, thank you all.

Arnold, I'll call OT and drop your name just for shits and giggles, but you have to hook me up when OT hooks you up with a referral frag :)

Mike, I thought of that after, I just pictured a disaster if I took it to a glass place that normally doesn't drill aquariums.

FWIW you do not want to apply any pressure, just gravity alone is enough. If you have to apply pressure you brought a cheap bit, or your bit is worn out.

i charge 20$ a hole no garuntee on customer glass.. no one really drills aqariums because the drilling is done before the aqarium is built. since it being glass it can break..go figure huh? lol :p,

Jay, Tyler is at DPV - he knows me from when I was on the BOD of BAR, Tyler spoke at our club meeting before. He will also answer alot of questions for you, but I know Cambell is a bit far from SF though. 45min drive down 280...I work in the south Bay, but I live in SF.

Derek is at OT, but it won't help you get any glass drilled there - even if you use my name, he just might know of someone.

Back