High Tide Aquatics

Gusty’s (anathema) red dragon

Picked up my frag. Thanks Mike!

38c285f8332899ad29ddda3273fedf2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like red dragons and me aren't meant to be.

Woke up this morning to a bleached white piece. Was growing really well with deep red color and purple tips so not sure what happened.

Params are stable ans everything else in the tank is growing fine.

Only change i made recently is swapping out gilter bag and introducing new chaeto from a clean system.

My alk and pH did drop a bit but nothing too extreme...mostly acceptable ranges. Alk 9.5 from 9.8, pH from 8.2 to 7.8 - 8.0.

Literally RTN over last 24 hours.
20200628_145546.jpg

Looks like red dragons and me aren't meant to be.

Woke up this morning to a bleached white piece. Was growing really well with deep red color and purple tips so not sure what happened.

Params are stable ans everything else in the tank is growing fine.

Only change i made recently is swapping out gilter bag and introducing new chaeto from a clean system.

My alk and pH did drop a bit but nothing too extreme...mostly acceptable ranges. Alk 9.5 from 9.8, pH from 8.2 to 7.8 - 8.0.

Literally RTN over last 24 hours.
View attachment 17028
The one and only time I tried this coral the same thing happened to me.

I lost track. I think I killed 5 or 6. Bleah......

Been a while (at least a year, probably more) maybe I should try again.

I run 78-80F in my tank.

The red dragon from @ofzakaria was a champ across multiple systems and changes... just not being left out to dry.

So figured all else being equal, I shouldn't have any problems. I even placed the frag from this chain in the same spot as the last one.

Baffles me...

Welp, looks like mine only lasted a tad bit longer but succumbed to the same eventuality as you guys... this literally happened overnight. [emoji22]
5aee0ccebc9aec00655c84826230bccb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back