got ethical husbandry?

Help I.d.

Dfrashid

Supporting Member
If anybody knows what this is growing next to my coral, please let me know. Any information would be highly appreciated. Sorry in advance for the sorry pictures. My phone is not that great. IMG_3772.jpegIMG_3773.jpegIMG_3774.jpeg

What are you referring to exactly? I see maybe a new baby zoa in that pic, but not sure if that's what you're trying to point out!

I

s it good or bad?

They're horrible.

Quite often you can get them to retract into themselves by irritating them, then you can slowly lift them off the rock. I use a dental tool. If you have a bunch, this method sucks and go to injecting Kalk into them.

Back in the day before we knew better, we used to trade these pests :(

I scraped the two off the frag they road in on hopefully it was only them two is there a certain fish/shrimp or something that eats them?

I scraped the two off the frag they road in on hopefully it was only them two is there a certain fish/shrimp or something that eats them?
Not sure if something eats them , but
i would keep a close eye on that plug incase more pop up, if u can,t loose the plug and reglue the frags

if anything eats it, it will also eats your corals, im more curious where you get the frag from
Agreed I have never seen one of those anemones in person at any shop, only pictures and videos of them. So am i'm right in assuming they are pretty rare especially compared to aptasia and bubble alage?

Agreed I have never seen one of those anemones in person at any shop, only pictures and videos of them. So am i'm right in assuming they are pretty rare especially compared to aptasia and bubble alage?

Not rare at all. More common from frags/colonies that have been in captivity, but they sure as heck come in on wild colonies as well.

They don't like cold water, they tend to release in cold. In shipments we'd see them floating, which makes it easy to get them.

Back