Kessil

Help with stock list

can y'all please talk me out of them

I have a pair of wild type gold bars, I put together my BTA tank mainly for them. As mentioned, they make a big mess digging and throwing sand all over the place and the female comes out to bite EVERY time I stick my hand on the tank. Mine are not too hard on other fish (damsels, a dottyback and yellow watchman goby, so take that for what it is). But I love mine, even though they're a pain.
clown.jpg

They’re gorgeous!

The Ocellaris in my 55g do bite me sometimes and they also make a sand storm because their nem is close to the sand. They also keep all life away from the nem - they even push a clam away.

All clowns can get aggressive. For a while the male snowflake that started the factory would jump out of the water 6 inches when you put your hand over the tank. He has calmed way down. We do not breed Maroons because of how aggressive they are and the babies will kill each other. But we do have a huge female gold bar and her mate in the display and she can and does move rocks 10 times her size if they are not where she wants them.

Back