Kessil

HELP!!!

What a bummer!

FYI, I've been checking the temp of critter water when I bring something home from SF or farter. Water is usually about 73 degrees by the time I get home. Maybe your corals will be OK.

Man what a bummer about the fish, spongode and chalice. Glad I was over yesterday to see them. Remember, I have a frag of the spongode that is growing out, you can always have some back! Along with other corals that are backups to what you have ;) Get that drink and relax! :)

Thanks Lapsan. I really appreciate that. I should be ok. I am making water now, and Jim is close by with enough for a full water change.

This has been another great example of why it's great to be a part of a reef club. Great to know that so many are willing to help out when needed. Thanks again.

Wow, that is quite a ride! Fortunately you caught the overflow before it got any worse. Hope the remaining corals continue to recover and everything starts thriving again. :)

Out of curiosity, did you get a reaction from the Safeway checkout clerk? Any jokes about being extra thirsty?

Yay safeway!!

Wow, that is quite a ride! Fortunately you caught the overflow before it got any worse. Hope the remaining corals continue to recover and everything starts thriving again. :)

Out of curiosity, did you get a reaction from the Safeway checkout clerk? Any jokes about being extra thirsty?

Was actually funny. Clerk was in a VERY bad mood and I made a comment about an "aquarium emergency." She looked the other way and actually said "whatever." I just laughed and moved on. I've had those days, so I just let it go. Wait...........actually I was having one of those days! LOL! Oh well.

So the tank has recovered nicely. No signs of stress in any more coral. Fish have shown some signs of scratching, but no visable ich, and they are pigging out. I have been adding seaweed and feeding a little extra just to make sure.

HOWEVER.............

This has NOT been my week.

Last week I decided I wanted to add some more light to the tank. I know, you think I am crazy already with lighting. But in the back of the tank I have several annoying shadows and a few corals that would do much better with more light. So I added two more kessils. 1 A350 W that was over the frag tank, and the other an A360w that I won from Kessil. Big thanks to Dan (Tr1gger) who helped me get that beast of a canopy off the tank and back on. I had to drill two more holes and router them upside down while laying on the floor. Then re-stain them and get it all put back together to get on the tank. Was a long night, but we did it.

This moring I was noticing that when I re-strung the canopy, I didn't quite get it level. So I decided to level it. I started pulling on the far back string and WHAM!!!!!! The I bolt it was attatched to came straight out of the ceiling and the corner of the WAY HEAVY canopy came crashing down on top of the tank.

My heart literally hit the floor, and I ran around to see the damage.

I can't decide if I have had a very UN-lucky week, or a very LUCKY one??
I had the flood.............un-lucky
But the tank seems fine........lucky
The canopy crashed........un-lucky
But the tank didn't break..........HELLA LUCKY!!

It fell right onto the rubber power cords from the Tunze pumps. LOL! No Joke!

I am SO OVER THIS WEEK!!

Turns out the I-bolt was in the joist, but just on the edge of it, and wasn't completely in the wood. I was able to move it to the center of the joist and I checked all the others. They seem very sturdy now, but WOW that could have really sucked. I can't take any more of this crap. Ha!!

Yeah Kris, I would go buy a lottery ticket! So so so lucky in all the mishaps this week. Not gonna lie, you had me scared quite a few times!

Wow, glad to hear the tank wasn't damaged. It was a good thing those power cables were there or the results could have been much worse.

Oh, how cute........the little guy fit perfectly. :mad:

Yay safeway!!

A lot of folks have contacted me with offers of water and help. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it. At the moment I have enought to get the system going. I may need to do a major water change, but still assessing. My heaters were smoking up the house (1500 watts). But they are Titanium tubes ran off a Ranco controller. I am going to put them in a seperate bucket to see if they broke, or anything might have come out of them. They look ok though.

1 fatality confirmed. Little linear blenny in my sump was stuck on some egg crate and dried out. :( RIP.
I just found this thread. I'm very sorry about you fatality.

Back