Neptune Aquatics

Helping hand?

I've just ordered a 120 gallon Oceanic Tech tank from Aquatic Central (big Thanks Chris on a great pricing - great guy to deal with). From what Chris said, and reading all I can about the Tech Tank series, this tank is HEAVY.

Any of you guys up for helping me move this tank from Aquatic Central to my garage (lunch is on me)? I'm thinking 3-4 guys should be enough. I'll be sometime next week. I'll have to clear out some stuff (junk in da trunk) in the garage to make room for it. Chris was kind enough to keep it in his store till I clean my garage.

TIA

LMK what day and I might be able to help out, I often get pockets of free time during the week.

BTW, Chris is a good guy to deal with, one of the few I'll let my $$$ to.

All, thanks for the offer. I'm shooting for the afternoon of this coming Friday on the 22nd. Let me know what your schedule is like.

Thanks again in advance.

BTW - I'm in South San Francisco, Patrick.

Alvin

I'm going to visit an old friend who has been researching coral bleaching in the Carib. for over 20 years. I'll be cooking dinner for her and her husband, who have both done some of the most extensive research on the subject that I'm aware of, and spend much of their time there.

I'll admit it's a long shot, however this is an opportunity for people in science and the hobby to get together and strike a balance. And I'm certain if anyone can make it happen (paperwork, phone calls etc.), she's the one. Things are not getting any better down there, and if there is to be any chance in the future of restoring the reefs it's in the advanced hobbyists hands (see I've got my rhetoric down). That and a bottle of XO Cognac doesn't hurt either.

As you know a prominent hobbyist put a bad taste in the science communities mouth, and to make a long story longer, me thinks she know where a couple of pieces might be....

:D

Nudgenudge.jpg

Yup, that would really suck, but it should clear out by sometime next week.

Let us know how that goes, Jeremy. I'd love to see that coral in the DBTC program.

Hi all - thanks for the offer of helping. My late uncle passed away last Thursday (lost his battle w/ cancer) and It's been a hectic weekend. My cousins and my brother were free today and were able to help me bring the tank home (bro. came w/me to pick up tank - cuz waited at the house). Again I wanted to say thanks for offering to help and a big thanks to Chris for giving me such a great deal on the tank.

Now - time to start building the stand. WHOO HOO!

Back