Our mission

How Do You Have a Bay Area Safe RODI System, and Fill Up Your ATO Container?

I get 20-30 in SF but would get 250-300 in Santa Clara. Once I moved I got smaller micron filters. I now am running .5 micron sediment and 1 micron carbon.
was that the correct change? I thought with less ‘dirty’ source water it would be good to use a smaller micron filter. that would put less stress on the di. I also got a big improvement on pressure so I’m considering adding more di to reduce the waste ratio

I get 20-30 in SF but would get 250-300 in Santa Clara. Once I moved I got smaller micron filters. I now am running .5 micron sediment and 1 micron carbon.
was that the correct change? I thought with less ‘dirty’ source water it would be good to use a smaller micron filter. that would put less stress on the di. I also got a big improvement on pressure so I’m considering adding more di to reduce the waste ratio
More DI won't reduce water waste ratio. If that's what you meant.

More DI won't reduce water waste ratio. If that's what you meant.
So I should add a second membrane instead? I want to add a pressure gauge first and see what room I have to work with since I do not want to deal with a booster since I have high pressure already and am renting so my rodi is semi permanent set up

So I should add a second membrane instead? I want to add a pressure gauge first and see what room I have to work with since I do not want to deal with a booster since I have high pressure already and am renting so my rodi is semi permanent set up
Yes, a second membrane will help the ratio. Booster pump is super easy, but of course costs money.

I just added a booster after a year of making RODI. Wish I did this when I set up the system. Wasted a lot of water and time. And wasted potential of the filter.
I bought a pump, then tested my water pressure, which was 80psi, so ... turned out to be pointless.

TheSassyIndian, consider not using a "saddle valve" if you can.They are OK, but I feel they restrict water flow much more than a proper plumbing valve from HD. But if you're not comfortable with plumbing, then it's fine.

V

I bought a pump, then tested my water pressure, which was 80psi, so ... turned out to be pointless.

TheSassyIndian, consider not using a "saddle valve" if you can.They are OK, but I feel they restrict water flow much more than a proper plumbing valve from HD. But if you're not comfortable with plumbing, then it's fine.

V

Thank you! My water supply has a TDS of 133 in Daly City.

Back