Reef nutrition

How does a BAR Frag Swap Work?

This will be my first frag swap. Is there any rule to how big the frags are? I have mushrooms, zoa's, and other beginner coral. I will try and frag 4 zoas off but they are not a bonus coral. Is that ok that there are only 4pp? How many mushrooms on a frag? Sorry for being so new.

General rule of thumb is give what you would like to receive. Basically try to be generous. Usually for common and or fast growing corals more is better.

Unfortunately right now it's not a thing that people can do. As I understand it on the somewhat distant horizon is an update to the forum software. If we are lucky we will be able to add that ability in at some point. For now you suckers that used your names are stuck with us all knowing your real name!

my frags of red planet have encrusted the plug, does the encrusted portion count towards the 1 inch requirment if the horn itself isnt 1 inch?

This is the thread you’d want to ask that in.

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/2018-bars-swap-bonus-ultra-coral-list.22802/

I’m pretty sure the 1” growth refers to the length and not the girth. Feel free to ask in the other thread though. I could do wrong.

Yeah I realized that after i submitted the post and saw the last post date, but thought WTH and left it, thanks for the response, and i will also ask in the swap thread you suggested as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to disagree, a 1” diameter encrustment of red planet is superior to a 1” branch in terms of grow-out potential. It should be 1” branch or encrustment.

Yeah, is a Red Planet even a bonus coral? But either way, if the frag plug is covered, I'd say that's 1" of coral

edit: just saw the list, apparently it is a bonus. My bad :D

Back