Cali Kid Corals

How to fish? I'm new at this...

I hear ya, that whole area is a swell magnet, especially Pomponio, not to mention it's super sharky. Little known factiod, Pesky is offshore on south winds ;)

Jar, I found the answer to the last questions, "how do I determine that?", and yes I may add a thicker line, but it's a risk of decreasing the performance of the reel. Also, there is a chance that the 25lb line could tangle. I have read some advices and Fishing Guides online, which provide many information about rods and reels.

Cabela's fishing guide.
West Marine Fishing Advice

My pole and Reel Combo Spec.:
Manufacture: South Bend
Name/Model: Ready 2 Fish, Blaze
Gear Ratio:5.2:1
Rod Capacity: 6-14lb
Reel capacity: 6-10lb/120yards
Single Ball Bearing
Constructed Rod: Fiber Glass

What do you guys think about the spec?
I haven't gone fishing with the pole yet, I hope I can take my rod for a spin soon. I can't say much about how well it perform because I haven't use it yet.

I have like 30 rods and boxes full of reels.
I have a few favorites that I use. Each for a different species of fish.
These things will happen to you to if you go fishing.
You have been warned.

Hey guys... I got a new pole the other week on Wednesday because my brother bought me one. I don't have the detail of the pole yet, but I will post it up. All I know he bought an Ugly stik, Medium uses for macro(is that how we spell it? Correct me if I'm wrong please.), Rockcod, Smelt(is that how we spell it? Correct me if I'm wrong please.), and other fish I can handle. Saturday, August 26, 09, I went out with my brother and relatives in Half Moon Bay, Ca and fish on his Farallon, 30 foot boat. I had a blast until I drank tea. It was my fault though, he warned me "...not to eat, nor drink on the boat because it will make you sick." I gotten thirsty, I drank a couple sip of tea and gotten sea sick. Though he told me I caught a feel great amount of fish and I just gave him all of it to cover the gas and time for returning me into the port. At least I have something to talk about in experience on a boat, and the feeling on a boat. I still glad I went.

Back