Neptune Aquatics

How's the SPS frags doing from the Battle Corals GB?

I have similar colors to the lower encrusting parts in Adam’s pic so again, I think it needs more light. The growth edge looks closer to the color in his pic. I don’t really expect to have the same exact colors as Adam, he has a few thousand gallons and I have 25 and there are various lighting and Parameter differences.
View attachment 23384View attachment 23385

everything is so spectrum dependent. Here’s a pic of my Bohemia under all blues.

B5BC5E74-C5CB-4FA5-BEF3-726928D9C855.jpeg

An example: please ignore the cyano...
The day I got it.
20210120_205937.jpg

20210120_210048.jpg

Today:
20210120_210118.jpg

20210120_210627.jpg

BC image
Screenshot_20210120-210730_Chrome.jpg

Is it exactly the same as the site? No, but I'm definitely starting to see a lot of the colors developing. And it's definitely more colored up than it was day one.

Also notice the main frag itself hasn't grown a ton but it has encrusted and is sprouting up elsewhere

An example: please ignore the cyano...
The day I got it.
View attachment 23408
View attachment 23409

Today:View attachment 23410
View attachment 23411
BC image View attachment 23412

Is it exactly the same as the site? No, but I'm definitely starting to see a lot of the colors developing. And it's definitely more colored up than it was day one.

Also notice the main frag itself hasn't grown a ton but it has encrusted and is sprouting up elsewhere
BTW this growth is good also. Do not you hate it when frag choose to grow by entrusting instead of vertically lol

BTW this growth is good also. Do not you hate it when frag choose to grow by entrusting instead of vertically lol
I prefer it. When it's one tiny connection to the rock and then a bunch of branches above, it's not great. Also generally when they encrust and then start to grow vertical, they seem to really take off

They recommend mounting acros on plug stems so that they don’t use all their energy encrusting and grow vertically instead. Saw a really interesting video about that

They recommend mounting acros on plug stems so that they don’t use all their energy encrusting and grow vertically instead. Saw a really interesting video about that
i struggle with the idea a bit... whether plug top, stem or rock, there's still plenty of surface to pool over either across or down... so not sure if acros/sps would care...

Most of mine are comparable between real life and glamour shots:

Rainbow Melon
View attachment 23390View attachment 23391

Cloud City & rainbow's army, respectively
View attachment 23392View attachment 23393
View attachment 23394

My side car and catapult fireball are brown... but my fault on that
Very nice.
Just curious, what color is your Rainbow's army? I can't tell by your picture. Is it green with pink/purple polyps or is it shade of baby blue with pink/purple polyps?
Thanks for showing your comparison pics. You're obviously doing something right.

Very nice.
Just curious, what color is your Rainbow's army? I can't tell by your picture. Is it green with pink/purple polyps or is it shade of baby blue with pink/purple polyps?
Thanks for showing your comparison pics. You're obviously doing something right.
It's actually light baby blue with green tint highlights and brownish purple polyps and purple tips. Pretty close to BC's glamour shot

Will try to grab a better pic tomorrow

Cloud City & rainbow's army, respectively
View attachment 23392View attachment 23393
View attachment 23394

My side car and catapult fireball are brown... but my fault on that
Right on for sharing these. I coincidentally ordered these exact pieces from Adam yesterday.

Regarding the subject of this thread, I've noticed 2 points reading through Adam's site:
1) WYSIWYG pics are not shown, so whatever you see on the site is the seller's rendition of how a matured piece looks to their eyes
2) Adam notes the majority of the corals receive high intensity lighting. Not sure how that translates to PAR, but my assumption is >300par

Right on for sharing these. I coincidentally ordered these exact pieces from Adam yesterday.

Regarding the subject of this thread, I've noticed 2 points reading through Adam's site:
1) WYSIWYG pics are not shown, so whatever you see on the site is the seller's rendition of how a matured piece looks to their eyes
2) Adam notes the majority of the corals receive high intensity lighting. Not sure how that translates to PAR, but my assumption is >300par

A post from Adam at Battlecorals from March 2020: "I see par at 400-500 at most of my coral frags and mother colonies some pieces are higher and some lower but 450 is about the average I' d say. I have been paying a little more attention to phos now that I've been adding reef roids though. The last test a couple of days ago was 32 on that Hanna ULR phosphorous green thing"

A post from Adam at Battlecorals from March 2020: "I see par at 400-500 at most of my coral frags and mother colonies some pieces are higher and some lower but 450 is about the average I' d say. I have been paying a little more attention to phos now that I've been adding reef roids though. The last test a couple of days ago was 32 on that Hanna ULR phosphorous green thing"
So 0.1 ppm phosphate. That's a little surprising that he runs it that high. I wonder what his nitrate is at.

Back