Our mission

I'm back!

04.jpg

The biocube is running very smoothly. PH is a bit low (actually running higher at night when the refugium is online). I have never cleaned the glass of the display. I clean the refugium glass every other day. Chaeto is growing great.
Screenshot_20220305-065720_APEX Fusion.jpg

I need to get a par meter to check but based on other people's reading on this light (in new condition) I will be lucky to get 30 par on the sand.

Picking up a second black clownfish tomorrow.
20220305_180026.jpg

Well, the biocube has aptasia. The only possible source is the hermit crabs, snails or chaeto I bought from reefcleaners.org. Dry rock, dry sand and no corals yet.

I can't say I'm surprised but I am disappointed.

Covered the aptasia in kalk paste.

Biocube: the chaeto has double in size in two weeks. I have been over feeding PE Mysis twice a day and my nitrates are still holding strong at less than 5ppm. I have not cleaned the glass on this tank yet. There are white fuzzies on the glass but no algae growth yet.
Ph is still low, especially during the day when the refugium light is off (7.8) and peaks right before the fuge light turns off (8.0). I may start running the fuge during the day for a while.
Time to start putting corals in the tank.

100g: ammonia levels finally hit zero two days ago, I dosed more ammonia to bring it back up to 2ppm and it has already dropped to 0.5ppm. Nitrites haven't started to decline yet.

I'm welding a frame this weekend to hold the two 20g tanks I will be using for Tank Transfer method of QT. Time to start looking for fish.

Biocube: the chaeto has double in size in two weeks. I have been over feeding PE Mysis twice a day and my nitrates are still holding strong at less than 5ppm. I have not cleaned the glass on this tank yet. There are white fuzzies on the glass but no algae growth yet.
Ph is still low, especially during the day when the refugium light is off (7.8) and peaks right before the fuge light turns off (8.0). I may start running the fuge during the day for a while.
Time to start putting corals in the tank.

100g: ammonia levels finally hit zero two days ago, I dosed more ammonia to bring it back up to 2ppm and it has already dropped to 0.5ppm. Nitrites haven't started to decline yet.

I'm welding a frame this weekend to hold the two 20g tanks I will be using for Tank Transfer method of QT. Time to start looking for fish.
Do you have a open window in room with tank? if not an open window will actually help bring ph up I have read.

Back