Reef nutrition

Ipod

patchin

Supporting Member
We know little about Ipods, but we have an opportunity to get either a Classic 120gb or a 16 gb Touch. It would be used for listening to books in the car and a little music, maybe 20 albums. I kinda like the idea of pictures and surfing with the touch. Would either be more durable? We'd be using visa points, so those are the two available. How about battery life?

I use the touch and really like it. 16gb is PLENTY of space unless you have hundreds of CDs etc. Battery life is excellent (I turn off wifi when not in use and it really extends battery life)

I have a 80gb classic. I like it but I can't imagine filling up the memory. 16GB is enough for me and if I were to do it again I'd get an itouch (if you're not getting an iphone that is!).

I'm using a 16g Ipod Touch. I don't have a lot of music on there, but I do have some nice apps.

AP News, calorie tracking program, dynomometer, Pandora internet radio, Flixster movie reviews.

I have the browser come up on the reef chemistry calculator page, so that's pretty handy.

Works well for streaming videos over wireless.

I can vouch for the iPod Touch as well. Apps are awesome -either free, or usually fairly cheap (for reefers anyways :) ). The battery life on my iPod is pretty good ... I've never really bothered to see how many hours I can play music for without charging it, but the battery life never bothered, nor worried me, whatsoever.

certain car adapters just lets you play, while others let you charge. The charging ones are either fancy USB ones (need a radio with a USB ipod interface) or uses a cigarette lighter type charger

Correct I use an adaptor for the cigarette lighter, and the iPod charges and plays, as I've done that a couple times while going to and from the gym. Albeit, it does not charge as quickly as if it were not playing music and just charging.

I have a touch as well, friend gave me the 8GB version. Not enough space for me, prior to this one I filled up a 60GB zune.

If all you are listening to is music and not playing games, I've had the battery at 4% getting on BART in Union City, and it making it all the way to Embarcadero and then to my work on a 4% charge just listening to music. Running apps and using Wifi drains the battery pretty quickly.

And you can jailbreak your iTouch/iPhone without fear of bricking it. It unlocks a few features, add's a few app depositories just as you would see in linux, and lets you install downloaded apps.

Gomer said:
certain car adapters just lets you play, while others let you charge. The charging ones are either fancy USB ones (need a radio with a USB ipod interface) or uses a cigarette lighter type charger

I have an iPod (old 4gig nano) in my glove box hooked up to my stereo, I can scroll through my playlists on my stereo using my remote control as it charges the pod, I love it!

I have the 8gb and it isn't enough, but I also record at 256 and not 128...and have a TON of CDs. A 16 would have been more then enough though.

I listen to music with wifi off and screen off for several work days in a row without needing to recharge.

I didn't like the ipod touch, you can only surf the web via open wireless network, and there are not that many around except at home and that kind of defeats the purpose. If all you want it for is music get a regular ipod. Now an iphone on the other hand is sex :D

:( I have a 80 & 160 and both are full many times over.... I hate having to decided what I want to watch or listen to prior to leaving my house on a trip. I do have a lot at 320 and at full 1411. I don't load the 1411 on the ipod, those are just for mixing :) A couple of my mixe's would fill an 8 gig and then I couldn't bring all my Squidbilly episodes with me :lol:

Every time I decide to leave a track, episode, etc off I end up wanting to watch or listen to it while on the trip. I fly and stay in hotels a lot so it's nice to have all that with you :)

You can buy a stereo with an ipod interface for that much :p

The best option is a direct connection to the stereo using either the dock connection or headphone jack. The other option is to use a radio transmitter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000550%201326223634&Description=ipod%20accessories&name=FM%20Transmitter

We bought an Audi A3 that has Nav but we can't play cds and use the Nav at the same time. This ipod adapter would integrate the ipod into the nav screen and such.

Back