Reef nutrition

Ipod

Depends on the integration, if you can use the stereo to navigate your iPod and keep it charged it's worth it, if its just the 1/8" stereo out forget it.

There are adapters that transmit your ipod output to an FM station so you existing radio can pick it up. They also charge at the same time. However, the sound quality is mediocre at best.

I recently paid less than $200 for a new car stereo with USB input for my IPhone. Works like a charm, charges while it plays, and keeps the kids quiet! :D

But if I had a new Audi with all the gizmos I'd probably pay for the upgrade the dealer provides.

I use a FM tranimitter and 80% of the time it's fine for me. It depends on the signals around you, your car, etc. My car it works great. Company Sprinter is not so hot. Toyota Tacoma it sucks. Camry is OK.

patchin said:
We know little about Ipods, but we have an opportunity to get either a Classic 120gb or a 16 gb Touch. It would be used for listening to books in the car and a little music, maybe 20 albums. I kinda like the idea of pictures and surfing with the touch. Would either be more durable? We'd be using visa points, so those are the two available. How about battery life?

with all the apps that you can download mostly free ... iTouch would be my choice.

To those who own an iphone with OS3.0, you can have internet access to your laptop (tethering)while you are on the road. Speed is very good, much better than dail-in service. Save you some bucks when you are on vacation, don't have to pay $6/hour for internet access.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/tether-your-iphone-os-3-0/9742-1_53-50073569.html

Back