Kessil

Is 1 kessil 360we enough for a RSM 250?

Just upgraded from a RSM 130 to a RSM 250 65 gal.
I had been using a Kessil 360we over my 130, can I transfer it to my 250?
I'm trying not to buy a different or another light if I don't have to.
Will be running a reef tank, mostly softies, zoas, euphyllia, Yuma, blastos, acans etc.
Not really into sticks.
Will my Kessil 360we be enough light for this tank and coral setup?
If not, what is another light option that's recommended for my setup without having to break the bank.
I'm not really happy with my kessil anyway so gives me a reason to move on if something better is recommended that's not too much.

Thanks!

I thought the RSM tanks had their own lights.

Either way, the 250 is probably a bit too wide for really effective coverage with your Kessil, for lighter light loving corals you may be able to get away with though with some dark(er) ends of the tank, but then you really need to be careful about your rock work to make sure you don't add too many shadows, but you really do need to understand you'll have some seriously darker ends, and as long as you don't need corals spread all over the tank you may get away with it. That said, I would set the tank up and see how it looks with a single Kessil, does the tank have a brace in the center? If it does that might be another strike.

What exactly is "breaking the bank"? If you want to stick with LEDs my first thought is to get another Kessil and call it a day, but if that's too much an AI prime could fit in, however the lighting probably would look different with a Kessil and a AI prime, and if you need to buy 2 primes you're already spending more than 1 extra Kessil.

I run 4 of them over the 36-36-27h

At different times one of the lights has died so the tank was run with 3 lights for some time with no obvious change
I have 4 over my 36x36x30

I had to lower them down to 40%, some of my low light corals started doing poorly when I switch from two of them to four. They have recovered since moving to the frag tank.

Back