got ethical husbandry?

It’s been real:Real Talk w the BOD THANK YOU BOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it has been mentioned, the best way to prevent public-thread conflict is with upfront personal interaction via PM, phone call, etc. I recommend anyone who is considering starting something inflammatory online to first PM or call the member they aren’t happy with and try to sort it out civilly. I know it is easier said than done.

This isn’t apparently true at all because the BOD has seen it necessary to create personal feedback threads so that some members can publicly flame other members instead of responding in private and working things out. You can’t create a system where things are aired publicly and then claim that you are trying to do the opposite.

This isn’t apparently true at all because the BOD has seen it necessary to create personal feedback threads so that some members can publicly flame other members instead of responding in private and working things out. You can’t create a system where things are aired publicly and then claim that you are trying to do the opposite.
The idea of review is not new,
every site has it
Its vaulnetery
It help both seller and buyer. Sellers also will learn what matter to buyers..
Having private review defeat the purpose of review where you can tell the history of the seller

The way i see it, only if you want to hid things, you will not like public review and disclosures.
Just this morning a new memebr praised this and said thy had issue knowing who is who. These review threads will calm down and it will do what ots suppose to do, that is of ppl gave it a chance smd looked at it objectively.

This was not the idea of the board. It was suggested and asked for by members. We try to help implement thing members ask for. Nobody said a word against it when we discussed it. If people want to complain now they could have, and should have, been part of the decision making process.
If people don’t like it they can discuss why they don’t like it and what they think should be Done with the board via pm or at the next meeting.

The idea of review is not new,
every site has it
Its vaulnetery
It help both seller and buyer. Sellers also will learn what matter to buyers..
Having private review defeat the purpose of review where you can tell the history of the seller

The way i see it, only if you want to hid things, you will not like public review and disclosures.
Just this morning a new memebr praised this and said thy had issue knowing who is who. These review threads will calm down and it will do what ots suppose to do, that is of ppl gave it a chance smd looked at it objectively.

It’s not going to calm down. It’s always going to be a place to air dirty laundry. If you have a problem with someone in the club you should have a private conversation with them, not post publicly. As has already been noted, this club is run by volunteers and they shouldn’t have to police public seller feedback threads and all the other members shouldn’t have to see the back and forth squabbles. It’s disrespectful to everyone involved.

It’s not going to calm down. It’s always going to be a place to air dirty laundry. If you have a problem with someone in the club you should have a private conversation with them, not post publicly. As has already been noted, this club is run by volunteers and they shouldn’t have to police public seller feedback threads and all the other members shouldn’t have to see the back and forth squabbles. It’s disrespectful to everyone involved.
Come on have faith in users.
No one is policing this. Its vaulnetery and ppl can delete their threads when they like. I see you trying to police something jist because u do not like it..isnot it?
Bad attempts to sabotage someone can be filtered and addressed. Furthermore sellers have the ability to address buyers concerns which can be extra credit for them..
I think your posts on other reviews is one example that should be filtered cause it was as you declared just to shut down this initiative. Which again, its volunteery and self audited..
eventually every seller will have their base, their history and buyers satisfaction. and new commers will have a reference they can go to when dealing with a seller...That's what free market is for isnot it.
The way i see it is, see how many sellers immediatly put review threads cause they have nothing to hid and its a chance for sellers to gain creds and kudos..

Last edited:
Come in have faith in users.
No one is policing this. Its vaulnetey and ppl can delete their threads when they like. I see you trying to police something jist because u do not like it..isnot it?
Bad attempts to sabotage someone can be filtered and addressed. I think your posts on other reviews is one example thatshouldd befiltered cause it was as you declared just to shut down this initiative. Which again, its volunteery and self audited..
eventually every seller will have their base, their history and buyers satisfaction. amd new commers will have a reference they can go to when dealing with a seller...That's what free market is for isnot it.
The way i see it is, see how many sellers immediatly put review threads cause they have nothing to hid and its a chamce for sellers to gain creds and kudos..

You’ve already sabotaged another user by intentionally misrepresenting the facts and this system hasn’t even been up for a day!

I completely agree with what John @JVU articulated in his posts.
Just for clarification and in the spirit of transparency, this was suggested by supporting member(s) via a long thread about it over the past couple of weeks. In that thread, a couple of options were discussed. From there, we discussed it at the Board mtg this past Saturday where we had a number of members attend and because we did not hear any objections, we agreed to it unanimously.

You’ve already sabotaged another user by intentionally misrepresenting the facts and this system hasn’t even been up for a day!
Sorry u see it this way, I think u r looking at it from one point of view. Not to mention it was you and other user who kept it alive. The seller had many good reviews and one bad from me. From my pov I almost ruined my system which is thousands time more than the cost of that coral.. that was the point, seller did not comment or address my review, instead you keep claiming things u do not really understand or have background. its not about how big or small of a deal you see it..its about how big or small of a deal I see it...i wonder how is your revirws om Amazon when u buy something thsy come defective or on LFS when u buy something with pest...
so i disagree but respect ur pov.

Last edited:

Just for clarification and in the spirit of transparency, this was suggested by supporting member(s) via a long thread about it over the past couple of weeks. In that thread, a couple of options were discussed. From there, we discussed it at the Board mtg this past Saturday where we had a number of members attend and because we did not hear any objections, we agreed to it unanimously.

If the leaders of this club decided that public feedback where members can complain about each other was a good idea, perhaps this isn’t the club that it used to be.

If the leaders of this club decided that public feedback where members can complain about each other was a good idea, perhaps this isn’t the club that it used to be.
Just give it chance man. You are not giving it a chance and trying to shape the club in your image..lets just see where this goes. I did not see a single seller who have a review thread complain.

We have a serious problem with people "flipping" corals.
That runs very counter to BAR's mission statement, so must be addressed, even if it causes other problems.
If you have a good alternative idea, please let us know.
I guarantee the BOD will listen. We do care.

We have a serious problem with people "flipping" corals.
That runs very counter to BAR's mission statement, so must be addressed, even if it causes other problems.
If you have a good alternative idea, please let us know.
I guarantee the BOD will listen. We do care.

If we have a problem with people flipping corals, why hasn’t that been handled with private conversations? At the very least these seller feedback threads should have been limited to the problem that was being solved instead of opening up a whole host of new issues.

If the problem is flipping corals, I would assume the flippers are buying them from members and then selling them somewhere else since our group is small enough that it seems impossible to buy something on this website and then flip it on this website. In that case, I don’t see how the seller feedback threads are even going to help the stated problem.

If we have a problem with people flipping corals, why hasn’t that been handled with private conversations? At the very least these seller feedback threads should have been limited to the problem that was being solved instead of opening up a whole host of new issues.

If the problem is flipping corals, I would assume the flippers are buying them from members and then selling them somewhere else since our group is small enough that it seems impossible to buy something on this website and then flip it on this website. In that case, I don’t see how the seller feedback threads are even going to help the stated problem.
Why do not you recommend an alternative?
2 objectives
1- healthy coral trade and sale practices
2- transparency behind sales
Can you suggest a mechanisim where we help new commers like @Susan Ingram to know who's who and understand the seller history?

Last edited:
Look, I just want to know who is reliable and who I might need to question further. I’m new at this and I don’t know all the right questions to ask. I’m sorry that this has caused such a huge problem. I gave my opinion when the topic was discussed in a thread.
I have browsed the reviews and I have not seen anything that would prevent me personally from purchasing from anyone. I love that Ash (I think) even gave the parameters of his tank. This is incredibly helpful IMO so that I know how to best care for the living creatures in my care. As a newbie, I take that to be the most important tenet.
Please, give things a chance. No sabotaging each other, reading the reviews it will be easy to discern this behavior. And if we expect sellers to be transparent so too should be buyers. Admit mistakes made on our part as well. I guarantee this will drive new membership. It shows the community cares and wants new members to know those that have been here a while.
This is a great group. I don’t see this as airing dirty laundry but this thread & ones like it give new comers perspective & context. It is obvious when someone is trying to create a problem and that looks bad and reflects on that person, not the club as a whole.
Sorry for the length of this message. I just felt the need to share my opinion. Thanks for listening.

I’d barely call a two page thread ”long” or a thorough discussion about the pros and cons of rating other human beings and the impact that’s going to have on this group. Also, there were plenty of people that expressed reservations about this in the initial thread. None of that appears to have been addressed or even considered In the hasty roll-out.

Just give it chance man. You are not giving it a chance and trying to shape the club in your image..lets just see where this goes. I did not see a single seller who have a review thread complain.

I gave it a chance and one day in and you in particular already provided dishonest feedback that left out critical facts about your transaction with another member. This is as shameful and as poorly thought out as the “peeple” app was.

Well what i recommend is after giving it a month or 2 try, we do a survey and let users decide to avoid having loud voices overshadow everyone else..do you agree?
Reminder agin this is not a rollout. This was a recommended action that is vaulnetery..

Why? You’ve already proven how this is going to be used. Everyone’s going to try to make themselves look good and make the other members look bad when there is a dispute. It’s going to bring out the worst in people and already has. Instead of encouraging people to work it out privately for the rare occurrences when a sale goes bad, it’s going to turn it into an online flame war.

I am somewhat curious. Where are the threads for the people that are flipping coral that this is supposed to help prevent? I must have missed them.

Why? You’ve already proven how this is going to be used. Everyone’s going to try to make themselves look good and make the other members look bad when there is a dispute. It’s going to bring out the worst in people and already has. Instead of encouraging people to work it out privately for the rare occurrences when a sale goes bad, it’s going to turn it into an online flame war.

I am somewhat curious. Where are the threads for the people that are flipping coral that this is supposed to help prevent? I must have missed them.
i deleted my post cause i realize its futile. you hate it, i get that.

one more thing, you need to stop accusing me of things like that. its not fair. so lets move on.

Isn’t this exactly the type of exchange you wanted by promoting threads to rate your fellow club members and share your experiences about them on a public forum?

And just to be clear, the thread where you made dishonest accusations about a fellow club member, got called out for it, and then deleted your comment is here:

Isn’t this exactly the type of exchange you wanted by promoting threads to rate your fellow club members and share your experiences about them on a public forum?

And just to be clear, the thread where you made dishonest accusations about a fellow club member, got called out for it, and then deleted your comment is here:
man if you think you will push what u want like that go for it. i will simply ignore you. to me resisting transparency is nothing other than because you want to hid something, if you sell on any other forum you will go through similar things. so pushing for not having it in BAR only indicate hidden intentions.
users will benefit from this, i do not feel bad from describing an incident that happened and will not want to do it in PM where you are able to hid it. i also think its on all of us to provide honest feedback, good and bad so we help others. if someone is upset in the proccess, nothing i can do about it. you keep calling me dishonest, rude and all type of names because i described a coral i got that had pest on it. you were not part of the transation, you were not there, OP did not comment one thing to discredit my claims, yet you keep talking and talking in what i can only describe as charter assassination..why? because you do not want ppl to say where they got their coral and you do not want buyers to share their experience... you do that to discourage ppl from complaining and so if someone had bad experience they feel alone and cannot do much about it. thats how i see it.
i will not go down to your levle and call you names, thats just not me, instead will simply ignore you.

so have a good day bud,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back