Jestersix

[Jul 27, 2019] Dicks annual luncheon (Oakland ca)

fb28db9044ade2c15ae9aa750f8bb14b.jpg
to join in on this impromptu frag swap I got 4 pieces of a tyree toadstool I can bring if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JVU
Is it still ok to come by later in the event? Something came up but I might be able to swing by shortly after. Lunch isn’t necessary for me.

Is it still ok to come by later in the event? Something came up but I might be able to swing by shortly after. Lunch isn’t necessary for me.

I would say yes. In past years it’s been pretty informal with people coming and going if they need to.

Thank you very much Dick and Linda. Now I want to go of a safari!

I had a great time. Awesome to see and meet all of you.

@RandyC I got one of your miyagi’s. I’ll have to put myself in the chain if the site works.

Thanks Dick and Linda for hosting and sharing your reef experiences with the crew. Your tanks are beautiful!

Next year, I’ll bring more frags. The swap is a great idea!

Loved that BAR jello dessert! Ines and Oliver, we need this at every event :D

Dick, your hospitality is unmatched. Thank you for hosting, what seems to be, your annual luncheon get-together. I had a great time and enjoyed luncheon as well as the camaraderie of our BAR members.Someday I would like to hear more about your Egypt trip. It is an area of study of mine that I have long enjoyed. Linda is a fabulous hostess and her cooking was great, at least for my palette.

I do not know who donated the anemone, but it seems, so far, to like its little crevice. Once I was able to get it into that space, the foot latched on. I hope that it does not move as that area is mostly free of other corals and it has a good moderate flow. We shall see in the morning if it has decided to move to another location.

Thank you so much Dick and Linda for hosting us and for letting us enjoy those beautiful tanks, we really had a great time, it was nice to meet everyone of you guys , me and Ines we are glad you guys liked
91dc1aebd5269cec284a940a0885b40c.jpg
the jello and for sure for any other meetings we can bring more [emoji1316][emoji1316].

It was great to see everyone, including some new faces!

Thank you Dick and Linda for your hospitality and great lunch.

I appreciate how Dick shared some of his tanks’ ups and downs as well as some future plans. I think it really helps to see that success in this hobby is a journey, not an endpoint.

@RandyC I also got one of your DBTC Miyagi torts, I’ll put myself in the chain. I like your sealed bag method, it seems like a winner for removing air, safe transport, and ease of seeing the frag.

@dswong01 I got some of your macroalgae, thank you. I’m sorry I missed you to give you the trochus snails before you left. Remind me next time please to bring you some.

@The_Lazy_Reefer Thanks for sharing the pics!

Dick, your hospitality is unmatched. Thank you for hosting, what seems to be, your annual luncheon get-together. I had a great time and enjoyed luncheon as well as the camaraderie of our BAR members.Someday I would like to hear more about your Egypt trip. It is an area of study of mine that I have long enjoyed. Linda is a fabulous hostess and her cooking was great, at least for my palette.

I do not know who donated the anemone, but it seems, so far, to like its little crevice. Once I was able to get it into that space, the foot latched on. I hope that it does not move as that area is mostly free of other corals and it has a good moderate flow. We shall see in the morning if it has decided to move to another location.

Glad the RBTA found its home in your tank [emoji16]

Back