Kessil

Kessil is missing something pretty big.......

Hello Everyone,

BAYMAC was an awesome show and I am glad to have been there. It was a pleasure to have worked with BAR during this event and I cannot express my gratitude enough, especially for the hard working volunteers. Oh, and I can't forget the wet T-shirt contest that Sergio won (at least I think that was his name).

Anyway, back on topic now. Kessil is missing something pretty big. We have been working on introducing a 3000k light and we are still missing a name for it! I wanted to open up to BAR to see if anyone here would like to participate in helping us find a name. No prizes at this point so it would just be for fun, but you never know....

Here are a few suggestions we have been givin so far:

Desert Sun
California Gold Coast
Eternal Dusk

Let me know what you think and please feel free to make suggestions. We are thinking of 2-3 words max and will be deciding on the name toward the end of today or tomorrow morning.

Oh, and just for reference our 6700k is called Amazon Sun.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

Kessilman

Solar Flare
Pocket Sun
Sun in a Can (I know..4, but 2 of them are tiny :p)
Sunspot

I'm sure I'll think of more as I avoid work

3000k that's should be fairly red... (although I won't get started on how misnamed color temperatures are in this hobby)

Forever Sunset
Red Giant
Red Sun
Blazing Inferno

One way to approach the naming would be (assuming this is the second item in an eventual product line) to target the name towards the intended usage (i.e. terrestrial or aquatic). The "Amazon Sun" moniker is very good since it appeals to both those who keep tropical plants as well as those with tropical fish.

Taking the aquatic approach, 3000k would be what you might find in a very shallow tidepool, reef crest, or lagoon environment. Therefore, maybe something like "Lagoon Sun", "Tropical Sun", "Coral Sun", or "Atoll Sun" might be possibilities. Of course "Reef Sun" would work but Zoo-med already has that.

Looking at it from the terrestrial side, something like "Sahara Sun" conjures up images of intense yellow sunlight so that might be good.

Of course, you could always continue on the river themed path and call it "Nile Sun", with any future products in the higher K range named after major rivers in the higher latitudes...

Phoenix (Considering the color it should be, a black box with a Phoenix and flames wrapped around it would look pretty decent, and the red/yellow bird should be an easy indicator of the actual color of the light itself)

fingerwrinkles said:
One way to approach the naming would be (assuming this is the second item in an eventual product line) to target the name towards the intended usage (i.e. terrestrial or aquatic). The "Amazon Sun" moniker is very good since it appeals to both those who keep tropical plants as well as those with tropical fish.

Taking the aquatic approach, 3000k would be what you might find in a very shallow tidepool, reef crest, or lagoon environment. Therefore, maybe something like "Lagoon Sun", "Tropical Sun", "Coral Sun", or "Atoll Sun" might be possibilities. Of course "Reef Sun" would work but Zoo-med already has that.

Looking at it from the terrestrial side, something like "Sahara Sun" conjures up images of intense yellow sunlight so that might be good.

Of course, you could always continue on the river themed path and call it "Nile Sun", with any future products in the higher K range named after major rivers in the higher latitudes...

I like your approach. This is very much like how were sort through all the names we come up with for new products. Does it meet the naming protocol? Having "like" names allows a better fit in the over all branding IMO.

Sorry, no suggestions.... I'm super tapped out right now.

GDawson said:
Apon said:

Then it would only last for 3 months and then shutdown no matter how much you liked it.

(too obscure?)

-Gregory

Well if it was an HBO series we'd get a horrible ending to the series leaving you hanging :) and no, not obscure and I don't even watch Firefly :D

Some of these sound like awesome drinks... I sure could use a Vermilion Sunrise right about now :)

GreshamH said:
GDawson said:
Apon said:

Then it would only last for 3 months and then shutdown no matter how much you liked it.

(too obscure?)

-Gregory

Well if it was an HBO series we'd get a horrible ending to the series leaving you hanging :) and no, not obscure and I don't even watch Firefly :D

Singapore Sunset Saffron

Really obsure but Google found it. And don't ask how I knew this. Suffice to say it was a sad pathetic stage of my life.

-Gregory

Back