High Tide Aquatics

kinetic Reefer 170

Dino Update:
Pretty good decrease in dinos. What I did differently:
- No water changes for 10 days
- No manual removal
- Just DinoX every 2 days, and NoPox (2ml) daily.

I think what happened is that the dinox got pretty highly concentrated in my tank (polyps are not out, anemones kind of more pissed now) and eventually the dinos started dying pretty rapidly.

I'm a bit worried, so I'm going to do a 20% water change and run carbon for a few hours. I'll then dose DinoX again and start another 10 day, no water change, treatment.

Busted out a 60mm f/2.8 macro lens. My Mocha Davincis are looking a lot more like black davincis.

27300394138_bd2af2fd10_b.jpg

Looks great art. You win! Now that you’re on the other side, do you have a photo of when it looked like crap? Want to see a before and after :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, congrats!

And thanks for sharing it all, it’s harder than it seems to share the uglies we all have sometimes.

So true. It’s easy to share when things are thriving. But when something’s not doing good, it’s hard to advertise it to other people.

Congrats on overcoming the ugly phase! Always a fan of your camera work! Seriously looks like a page out of a magazine.

Any updates to the Dino battle?

Without dosing DinoX the dinos are coming back a tiny bit. But I just started automating NoPox dosing, and that has actually kept them at a minimum. I'll see a little dusting on the sand build up through the day, but nothing on the rocks (that I can see).

I think I'm OK with this for now. Not sure what else I can do, other than dose NO3/PO4 and get into super ugly phases again (which never worked).

You might consider dosing other beneficial bacteria, to help out compete the dinos.
Dr Tim's Eco balance, or Vibrant
They should help the Dinos from re-establishing so fast.

Back