High Tide Aquatics

Leemar Starphire 290

denzil said:
Sorry to hear/see! :(

I don't really have much to give you to help you out but I'll be setting up a frag tank somewhat soon. :)

No worries Denzil, it was only 3 coral, and two were just barely bigger than a frag anyway. I had a few in waiting in the frag tank, and am gonna move some stuff around a bit. Should be back on track soon.

@ Bob, thanks man. It has great polyp extension already in the frag tank. Going in the display today or tomorrow. ;)

I would love it Mike. Thanks man! I'm not really sure if I have any tableing acro's. I suppose I might not know till they grow out a bit?

I was extremely lucky to pick up a couple leopard wrasse from Jim (Jbon) this past week. I was pretty nervous about them as I really wanted them to do well.

I am happy to report they are out and about..........eating and getting along VERY WELL with the other fish in the tank. I am a bit surprised as my Melanarus gave me serious problems with two other wrasse that I tried. However they all seem to get along great.

One leopard is a "star" leopard or Macropharyngodon bipartitus and the other is the standard Leopard or Macropharyngodon meleagris (I think?). One has some fin damage and was a little beat up from being transferred and such........however both are getting better color every day and are quite social now. Couldn't be more pleased. Anyway, thought you might like to see them. Here is a vid. Thanks,

Kris.

[YouTube]LSlJ7UwEwZQ[/YouTube]

Those are some beauties Kris! It might be helpful to use a acclimate box to transfer those guys instead of a net and introducing them with the lights out.

scuba71 said:
Wow...nice pick up Kris. They seem pretty happy in your tank.

Thanks Monzer, I'm STOKED! I really don't like to see aggression in the tank, so I am so happy they are getting along. They do sleep in though. LOL! The blue star comes out around 1pm and the other around 230pm. I'm sure they will get on the new schedule soon.

gimmito said:
Those are some beauties Kris! It might be helpful to use a acclimate box to transfer those guys instead of a net and introducing them with the lights out.
gimmito said:

Thanks Jim! I agree, I love the Acclimate, however they were already in the bucket..........it was nice and dark, so I decided not to transfer them twice. The lights had already gone out, I wanted to wait until the Melanarus was asleep. I just turned them on for a few minutes as I put them in. Didn't matter much though, cause they were both under sand within 30 seconds of hitting the water. LOL! Most of that video is two days later when I first fed them. I couldn't help myself, I wanted to see them under the LED's!! 8)

They are very chill fish. The melanarus is a fast swimmer.........these guys are getting more and more mellow.......Much easier to take a picture, although I did FINALLY get a clear one of the Melanarus. About 100 blurry ones though. LOL!

The video is still better though. ;)

Unfortunately I have been working a LOT this last week. They don't get up until 1 or 2pm and I leave for work at 230, so I haven't been able to watch them very much. I'm curious to see there general behavior. When they just get up, they are very mellow.

Took some photo's a few months ago, but didn't get them posted. Thought I would throw them up. These are with my old Cannon powershot in it's dive case.

I love this little natural hole / cave......

Kris...can I just copy and past my reply to your thread on RC ? :bigsmile:

I have (2) 6100's doing just that on the left and right sides of my tank. The other (4) 6205's are placed lower to middle of the tank to address dead spots. Two other thoughts are adding a wavebox or purchasing a 6105 and adding a sea sweep. When I had one hooked up to a 6205 + a wavebox, I had some nice radom flow. I can lend you the sea sweep to try out if you like.

I got this coral from my first BAR meeting in the raffle. Little brown plug. Picture does it NO justice. However I had some mysterious RTN last week and had to chop it up to save it. I have about 5 frags that seem to be OK, so I might be DBTC'ing this soon.

This ponope is also GONE. :( from the aptasia X incodent. I made about 25 frags out of it hoping to save it. Only one tiny frag remains. Sad.

Back