Jestersix

LF: Aiptasia

6th ave aquarium in SF have alot too haha. Maybe you can contact them offer to help them scrap it off for free. Pretty sure they would appreciate that so customers such as myself don't get freak out by their aiptasia infested tank.

Reactions: JVU
6th ave aquarium in SF have alot too haha. Maybe you can contact them offer to help them scrap it off for free. Pretty sure they would appreciate that so customers such as myself don't get freak out by their aiptasia infested tank.
Yeah I did that recently for another LFS in my area

I have some to donate. I just need to collect it. There are the easy ones in the sump but any recommendations on removing them from the live rock?
For live rock, the only ones you can really get off are the ones where the foot isn’t buried in a crevice. I usually either scrape the foot off with a firm metal scalpel (not the flimsy ones with disposable blades), or use a bone cutter to scrape off the foot and maybe a little rock underneath.

I’ll be happy to come pick up a donation when you have them. They will keep for a week or more just sitting in water at room temp with no flow or anything, in case it takes a while to collect them. Just let me know. Thanks!

Can you still/always use Aiptasia? Old tank at MIL has nems, clowns, and lots of Anthelia and Aiptasia last time I looked.

I’m still on the prowl for more Aiptasia if anyone has available.

I’m trying a new regimen of feeding a lot more baby brine shrimp. So far they like it, but it will require more water changes in the Aiptasia tanks… still probably better than always running out of them if it works.

I’m trying a new regimen of feeding a lot more baby brine shrimp. So far they like it, but it will require more water changes in the Aiptasia tanks… still probably better than always running out of them if it works.
I have some that I can see on my rockwork. If you have a good way to remove them, I can get you a few.

I have some that I can see on my rockwork. If you have a good way to remove them, I can get you a few.
That’s nice of you. They can be tricky to get off of rock, and if they can bury their foot in a crevice it usually isn’t possible. Getting them off glass, plumbing, chaeto, sand, smooth rock, etc is easier.

Also I need a lot, like really a lot. I doubt your size tank has too many.

Tanks? With an S? I’d love to see some pictures of this setup - it warrants a tank journal.

I’m still always wanting more Aiptasia if anyone coming to the event at Scott’s house tomorrow has some to spare

Back