High Tide Aquatics

[March 26, 2016] BAR Members Frag Swap

So not sure if this is even possible maybe there is a rule I missed but I am going to be out of town for the swap but had a couple frags and would love some fresh corals. I am in San Mateo and was wondering if anyone could be a proxy for me? Just curious. Sad to be missing this especially since I finally have frags.

Ryan

I'm excited as I have some large pieces that I plan to frag soon with the help of @Coral reefer and his saw. I don't really have much room for new frags but happy to share what I have if the fragging is successful. If interested, please check out my tank journal as this is what I plan to frag: Pink Sand Dollar #39, Mycedium #46, Orange Digitata #47, and Tongue Coral.
http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/genevas-120.16044/page-3
http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/can-tongue-coral-be-fragged.17914/

Oooh - very cool Geneva. What a cool assortment of corals! Have fun with the fragging. If you take any photos (before, during, after) please share so I can show my reef club students what they may do before the school year ends.

1st round of raffle prize announcements.

Made those lil frag plug sponsor icons in photoshop. Whatcha think!?

Stay tuned for the next round of raffle prize announcements!

Also I'll be checking in with Steve on Monday to get 100% on the Frag Swap Date.

I might actually be able to make this! Been super busy with finishing up my PhD (graduating in May), but I would love to come to the frag swap. I hope there are some softie fans besides me, because if I can go, I'll be bringing Tyree neon green toadstools, green nepthea, and frags of blue photosynthetic plating sponge.

We're expecting your name tag to say "Dr. Felecia Lynn" :D

Hope to see ya there! I will be looking for that blue sponge!

We're expecting your name tag to say "Dr. Felecia Lynn" :D

Hope to see ya there! I will be looking for that blue sponge!
The name tag won't get to say doctor until after May 13th sadly. Granted, that's pretty soon so we can just all pretend a bit early :) I've got plenty of blue sponge, so I'll bring a few frags to spread around. My original frag came from Mike Bondolo (longtime club member), so its definitely a BAR lineage item at this point.

Thanks for confirming this. So is this 100% or dependent if the 19th is available again?

Last edited:
Wait how busy are people the Saturday before Easter?

Do most people do stuff on the saturday before easter. I'm not religious so I have no idea what happens the saturday before easter.

If a whole bunch of you guys can't make it because of the date change then i'd rather push it back into April than have a 20 person event.

March 26th does work for @Ashalye and I. We are planning to attend as well as bring along a new member yet to have his handle. If the BAR Swap does get pushed out further, we will not be available the first Saturday in April, but the rest of April looks open for us.

@Enderturtle, thanks for the coordination to get as many members to the event as possible. We all appreciate it!

Cheers!

I will be there to help out. I do have some softies, colt coral, I believe. They are large and need to go to good home. Not much else in the frag dept as I have just started doing this. Maybe next year or at the regional swap.

Yes all other corals are eligible for the regular frag swap.

The only corals banned from frag swapping on listed in the first post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nav
Back