Neptune Aquatics

Mike's Machination

http://www.pge.com/en/myhome/saveen...istance/medicalbaseline/understand/index.page
There are the territories for power allowances. It's based average temperature ratings, things like whether or not the area has access to natural gas (for winter) or does it get hot enough to warrant an air conditioning.
I figure HVAC would be the biggest usage for me. But we hardly use our Ac or Heater where all our neighbors seem to run them constantly. Perhaps I better invest in a power use meter and audit my stuff....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I've always been in tier 1 or 2 so not much to complain about here. The solar salesmen hate hearing that since it usually works out to about 30 years before I would break even with their systems.
I can avoid them so far being in an appt. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah different folks have different levels of comfort, the couple times my wife and I been to Maui the resort we were at you heard neighbors with the AC systems running pretty much all day it seemed, while we were perfectly comfortable with windows open and some fans running. But if you live in a place that has AC chances are you're given a bigger allotment of power usage, and if you don't use AC units, then even better for you.

Pre-hobby I was almost always in the tier 1 too, well with a small tank I was always tier 1, once I got into the 100gallon plus club things slowly changed. The solar panels were only due to the fact that with all the rebates (SF had an insane one) it ended up costing me about $1/watt installed when all is said and done.

Back