Reef nutrition

Neptune Aquatics 435G SPS Display Tank Build

Thanks for the kind compliments guys. The tank turned out alright. I had a lot of other ideas for it but ended up scrapping a lot of them due to the fact this is a commercial display so there are certain things that are not suitable for it. On the other hand, I will get to implement them on my own new personal tank soon! Hehe

Bill...lol...there are actually a lot of tunnels and caves there. Pics just couldn't capture that affect. You should come check it out yourself. Btw....both your chalices are doing great!

Hi guys...sorry for the long pause. Busy season is here so I've been kinda swamp with day-day work around the shop. Got a short break today so I thought I share some new pics of how the tank is progressing.

BTW...Gen of Kritter tank came through and modifed that skimmer cup issue. He pretty shrunk the cup by about 2" in diameter and height. The skimmer is now skimming like a beast!

P1010178.jpg

The corals was added about 4 weeks ago. It's a work in progress so within the next few months or years, I will continue to post new pics to update everyone how the corals are doing under the AI's. As of now, I am very happy with the result.

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

Cool_Relax said:
Great Job Robert! I need to stop by with my lawn chair and really suck in all the beauty you have put together in your office!

LOL..Thank You! Glad you enjoy the tank as much as I do... :)

So I added some fish...about two dozen different anthias, and a bunch of cool little nano gobies. I eventually want about 4 dozen of Anthias in the tank as well as about dozen of social wrasses and a bunch of nano fish. I am about 15% into stocking fish...hehe. Hope you guys enjoy the pics... :bigsmile:

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

Thanks,
Robert

Wow, Robert, that tank looks amazing! Like the way you mounted the lights--very sleek. Is there a hidden Vortech somewhere near the wall (see the controller)?

That looks awesome! I need to get my butt over there. I even have a couple of gift cards burning a hole in my pocket but it's hard to get out that way.

Very nice Robert.

I'm with you with the fish choices, I don't even want large fish anymore save for a couple tangs maybe as the true herbivores (algae pickers) of the tank, but can imagine a ton of tiny "nano fish" would have a much cooler impact visually with less of a biological impact.

sfsuphysics said:
Very nice Robert.

I'm with you with the fish choices, I don't even want large fish anymore save for a couple tangs maybe as the true herbivores (algae pickers) of the tank, but can imagine a ton of tiny "nano fish" would have a much cooler impact visually with less of a biological impact.

Mike...yep yep! that's how I had originally envisioned the tank stocking should be. I like small fishes as there's so much more personalities to them. The best part is even when you add a bunch of them, it's like you're just adding one big fish. The only two "big" fish I have in there are the Naso and Achilles and they serves the exact purpose as you described...heavy duty algae janitors...haha.

99SF - Yes, there's two MP60 mounted toward the back of the tank on the left and right side of the overflow. If you look close enough, you can actually see them in some of the pics.

Arnold...I am still looking for a worthy clam to be in there...lol

Levi....yes, you need to get your ass over to the sho asap. I've met you once during the my first BAR meeting years ago so I think it's time we get re-acquainted... :)

Jeremy...haha...yeah...it's a super nice piece but it's just so freakin huge! That's why I just took it out about an hour ago because it was blocking all the flow from the Vortech...lol. I replaced it with a very nice flat deep water acro which I will post later.

Back