Cali Kid Corals

Neptune Systems is seeking a Technical/Customer Support Rep to join our team!

jonmos75

Supporting Member
Neptune Systems, one of the fastest growing and most forward thinking companies in the marine aquarium industry, is seeking a new Customer Support Representative to join our team.

Our preferred candidate is someone with a passion for BOTH Saltwater Aquariums AND all things technical. This technical knowledge should include familiarity with PC/Mac configuration and home networking concepts. Most of all, this person MUST be self-motivated, customer-focused, and have a passion for customer satisfaction. This is a critical and high-profile role in the company as this individual will have direct contact with our customers, solving their problems, and helping them get the most out of their Neptune Systems’ products.

The typical work day consists of providing superior phone-based customer support, email support, helping set up networking and configuration of our products, and handling warranty and RMA issues.

This position is a full-time position, will be based in Morgan Hill, CA, and telecommute employment is possible for the right candidate. Relocation assistance is possible for a person with the right skill-set. Compensation range is between $17-$35/hr with salary options available to the right candidate.

Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining why you think you are the right candidate for Neptune Systems and why you would like to work in the Aquarium Industry. Cover letters that do not include this will not be considered.

You will be responsible for helping customers by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues.

Responsibilities:
• Handle customer inquiries and complaints
• Provide information about the products and services
• Troubleshoot and resolve product issues and concerns
• Document and update customer records based on interactions
• Develop and maintain a knowledge base of the evolving products and services

Qualifications:
• Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
• Ability to build rapport with clients
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Positive and professional demeanor
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with networking troubleshooting (routers, forwarding, etc.)
• Customer empathy (can put yourself in customers shoes)
• Must have excellent people-skills " even when dealing with difficult people
• Able to think and reason in an analytic fashion
• Experienced Saltwater Reef Aquarist
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Must be able to commute to our Morgan Hill, CA office

Compensation:
• $17-$35 per hour

Benefits:
• Medical

Employment Type:
• Full Time

Please submit your resume with a cover letter to the link below explaining why you think you are the right candidate for Neptune Systems and why you would like to work in the Aquarium Industry. Cover letters that do not include this will not be considered.

If interested, please PM me @jonmos75 or resumes@neptunesystems.com

Last edited:
Reactions: JVU
I have boxes of Neptune stuff here that I don't have a clue how to use!
I would be the caller!
but would prefer a private tutor

I’ve been tuning and tweaking mine for 8 mos. Suspecting there are many others in the club with deep experience. You could always practice the basics on a spare tank. And I’d be happy to show you some of the scripts I’ve set up to auto-feed, run DOS, auto water changes, water level logic conditions, turning off certain peripherals when the main pump is off (from a feed command, for instance, or a wet sensor is activated). You can even use this to water your house plants. Once you learn some of the scripting basics it’s like playing with legos.

@Squist
I AM a Neptune controller!
I do the water changes, turn the pumps on and off, feed the fish, clean the skimmer,
I even water the house plants!

@ashburn2k
I will take you up on your offer in the very near future

Last edited:
@Flagg37
Yes...and no
It was very cool when the tank owner was in Tuscany and could feed the fish and turn pumps on and off

But it becomes a slippery slope of reliance on technology and the absence of eyes and hands on
I am an old 2-channel, computer illiterate, Siri hating.....
So far, my way has been quite successful
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it....
BUT, I do own this stuff and there are a few things that I need the controller for.
Hui, when the time comes, you’re up!

This posting has been updated as of 2/14/20 to include the possibility of a telecommute candidate with the right skill-set.

Reactions: JVU
Back