got ethical husbandry?

New Member Area/Introduce yourself thread

[quote author=Nanocube-boy link=topic=431.msg75439#msg75439 date=1232335655]
Where is the meeting and swap located at?
[/quote]

Swap information is here:
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=4942.0

The March BOD meeting isn't set but likely will be at Chabot.

Just a reminder about the Feb swap. You must be a paid member for 2009 AND have attended one meeting before the swap to participate. Of course, everyone is encouraged to come, even if you can't participate in the swap. I doubt anyone will go home empty handed.

If you are not already a member you won't qualify for the swap b/c we don't have another meeting before the swap.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=431.msg75449#msg75449 date=1232336531]
You must be a paid member for 2009 AND have attended one meeting before the swap to participate.
[/quote]

However, if you come you probably won't leave empty handed.

The swap is free to attend :) Since you don't qualify for the requirements to participate in the actual swap, you don't need to bring any frags. However:
Can I come to the swap even if I can't participate?
Those who do not qualify to participate (including families) are strongly encouraged to attend. It's a great chance to meet a ton of nice reefers... ask questions if you need help with your tanks... get familiarized with how the swaps work... pick up or pass out your DBTC items... maybe even do a trade or two. No one goes home empty handed. Also, we expect some nice prizes in the raffle which is open to everyone.

I can tell you that my first "meeting" with BAR was at a frag swap that I wasn't able to participate in (like your situation). However, I had a good ol time and got to meet a lot of really cool people. One of the best ways to get involved in the club and get to know people better, is to help at the swap. Check out this thread:
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=5927.0

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=431.msg74238#msg74238 date=1231878124]
Welcome Akyu. :) You will find many helpful people at BAR. :D
[/quote]

Thanks! I certainly have already!

[quote author=Thales link=topic=431.msg74239#msg74239 date=1231878301]
Hey you! Nice to see you here!
[/quote]

I was just talking about you the other day with Pixi. Great to reconnect!!

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=431.msg75305#msg75305 date=1232248456]
Welcome!

It was great meeting you last weekend and I'm glad you joined the site. :)
[/quote]

It was! I'm glad I joined too. Thanks a bunch for telling me about it. I was floundering with my tank, and am really excited that you connected me to a community in the area, that has given some direction to my motivation.

hey guys, I been looking around this site and I couldn't find where the location of the meeting and swap? How come you guys doesn't post up on direction or something? I been trying to find where it's at so I can get idea where it's located to go for meetings and frag swap.

[quote author=Nanocube-boy link=topic=431.msg75669#msg75669 date=1232407028]
hey guys, I been looking around this site and I couldn't find where the location of the meeting and swap? How come you guys doesn't post up on direction or something? I been trying to find where it's at so I can get idea where it's located to go for meetings and frag swap.
[/quote]

Look on the "Home" page under "Upcoming Events"

You are welcome. :D

Sometimes I had/have difficulty navigating through all the "stuff" on the pages. There is a lot crammed on them. :)

Hello,
My name is Chris and I live in Hayward. I just found out about BAR less than a month ago, and had to join. I recognize some of you from Reef Central. :)

I have a 90 gallon mixed reef tank that has been running for almost two years. My previous tank was a 45 gallon and I had that for a year. I was sure that I'll grow out of the hobby when I had my 45 gallon, but instead got deeper into the addiction. Is this where I introduce myself and admit I have a problem? :D

Hey Chris, you are not welcome here. Stop following me around. I have some corals in my tank that will cure that addiction. Just don't forget the sanddollar.

D@MN YOU!!! I didn't read the entire restraining order. They haven't ban you yet? ;D

Your sandollar is fragged and healed nicely. You need a frag of my cyano too? Don't forget about the PM!! ;)

Welcome, Chris! and you're pretty deep into the addiction, I can tell...lol. This is worse than drug man. As you can see, I started with a 90G and ended up with a shop. WTF? Just goes to show you how in trouble you are...lol.

LOL
Robert, Nice to hear from you again. I dropped by last Sunday for the first time and chat with you and Cerissa for almost an hour. I left with a large frag of danea or monti. I forgot already, so the frag doesn't count. ::) Sorry for keeping you away from your work, and thanks for hooking me up. You have a great shop there! So do I just forward my 401K to your shop now, or do you want a little of it at a time when I go there? The end result will still be the same with me being broke. ;D

Chris

Back