Cali Kid Corals

New Member Area/Introduce yourself thread

Hello, I just joined today! Super excited. Sadly, I had to let go of my 55 gallon reef tank that was just not producing how I wanted it to and I got into some other problems size wise so Im starting a brand new tank next week of 30 gallons. Ill keep you posted on how it goes and Im sure you'll be seeing loads of questions and help requests. This forum is awesome, really stoked to see so many people into reef tanks.

Wondering about the meetings. How often are they and what goes down at em etc...

Our next meeting will be the frag swap on February 9. You're welcome to come and what all this hoopla is about, but unfortunately cannot participate in the swap itself. :D

[quote author=Schmitty link=topic=431.msg29802#msg29802 date=1200093932]
Hello, I just joined today! Super excited. Sadly, I had to let go of my 55 gallon reef tank that was just not producing how I wanted it to and I got into some other problems size wise so Im starting a brand new tank next week of 30 gallons. Ill keep you posted on how it goes and Im sure you'll be seeing loads of questions and help requests. This forum is awesome, really stoked to see so many people into reef tanks.

Wondering about the meetings. How often are they and what goes down at em etc...
[/quote]

Glad to have you! The schedule and location is posted here http://www.bareefers.org/ (dates on the bottom and location on the left)

Basically attend at least 1 meeting and be a paid member. If you come to the swap you can check it out and the raffle is open to everyone.

Does coming to swap count as going to one meeting? If not, when's the next meeting and where? Looked like there is one tomorrow?
Im a paid member, that's how I got on the forum, so Im ready to grow and get out of Newbie status as my tank develops.

Arnold has it a little incorrect.

Here is a thread that discusses the requirements and activities:

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2802.0

The next meeting will be on April 12 at ASAP - Aquatic Specialties and Pet in Hayward.

Same place as the swap. Jake Adams will be give a presentation.

I dont know, according to each of our date registered, it looks like you are a little more "newbie" then I... Either way though, great to be on board, Im excited about starting a new tank from scratch, should be awesome.

Am I able to created a thread on MEMBERS TANKS with photos and the progress of my tank, or is there requirements to post up on that board?

Howdy folks. So, I've come over to visit the darkside. I'm a FW planted tank aquascaper at heart but now have a second lover...reefs. I started out the beginning of Jan 07 just to see if I could keep a reef alive. Been a reasonably successful baring an "almost" crash due to a refractometer problem resulting in s=1.03!!. Nothing died luckily. I am now spreading my wings a bit and started up a new small tank dedicated just to fragging and growing out.

Out side of that, I am (hold your breath in horror) a physical chemist working at the lab in the east bay. Fun stuff! I also dabble with photography, do a lot of DIY projects (got obsessed with LED ones), and love my audio/home theater (straight up entertainment as well as more DIY projects).

So that is me in a nuttshell.

Back to the raid (yes, I play games too :p)

What does a physical chemist do? I have visions of muscle bound people lifting giant beakers.... :D

Back