Our mission

New Member Area/Introduce yourself thread

Hey Jonathan, glad you could join us. Nice tank pics. This is the first I've seen of your tank :)

For those of you that have never been, www.manhattanreefs.com is one bitching reef site! There's a lot of stuff they are doing I'd like to see us doing.

thanks guys. Gresham I like the idea of having a west coast, east coast club connection.
I saw your previous post to Brett. Cool idea :)

To be honest I'm not sure it was even my idea. Between you Josh, Brett, Randy, Rich and I the idea was spawned I belive. Could have been over beers and Wii bowling :lol: (can some one give me the lol code on this forum :D)

alright whoever's (is that a word?) idea it was, I like it :D

online swaps might be difficult but I think it can be done.

I was looking at the tank threads here and already picked a few tips. :cool:

thanks :) I posted in the swap forum, I don't know what were going to be sending yet. I was hoping we could find some things that you guys don't have, but that might be difficult.

I'm going to fed-ex the frags, I'd hate to bring it to the airport and have it confiscated by security at JFK, that would suck.

Jonathan,

I made your post a seperate thread in the frag swap board so it will get a little more exposure. It might tend to get burried where it was.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2939.0

hows it going everyone...my name is Derek and i currently have a 55 gallon which is FOWLR as of right now...looking to upgrade to a 75 gallon glass tank (if anyone has one) to start the reefing...im located in san jose and am still learning all about the wonderful world of money spending reefing...lol

[quote author=bigdeeezy link=topic=431.msg31801#msg31801 date=1202191456]
hows it going everyone...my name is Derek and i currently have a 55 gallon which is FOWLR as of right now...looking to upgrade to a 75 gallon glass tank (if anyone has one) to start the reefing...im located in san jose and am still learning all about the wonderful world of money spending reefing...lol
[/quote]

Glad to have you Derek. Hopefully we can help you get up and running. If no one has a 75g I'm sure one of our sponsors can take care of you. (and so the spending spree begins :D )

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=431.msg31809#msg31809 date=1202221377]

Glad to have you Derek. Hopefully we can help you get up and running. If no one has a 75g I'm sure one of our sponsors can take care of you. (and so the spending spree begins :D )
[/quote]

haha seriously...i have a 125 gallon truvu with built in overflow sitting in the garage but it sure is too big for my room...willing to trade that for a 75 gallon setup if anyone wants to

Hello everyone! My names Patrick. I've met a few of you already. I've been into aquaria since childhood, as my dad always ran one. He now runs a Japanese koi shop on the side and i stayed with the saltwater and became a reef junkie. I work as a college instructor teaching pharmacology during the day and work in the pharmacy at Kaiser by night. I attended the last frag swap with two of my three kids, as im trying to continue the tradition. We have a 200 Gal. mixed reef right now, its been recently revamped from a 135. By trial and error (and a whole lot of money) i've finally learned how to keep my water quality up and stable, so i'm getting into sps alot more. Besides the wierd coral names and the higher price tag, its not so bad. I'm looking forward to meeting more BAR members. The ones i've met so far have been very helpfull and generous. I can only hope to repay by showing the same generosity to everyone else. Thanks for reading this far and ill see you at the meetings.

haha..i once tried compounding a cure for cyano that would not harm any benificial bacteria in the tank. I tried it in a qt and it worked but i think it had a negative impact on the normal flora in a chromis that was in there, so i discontinued the research. Alot of the meds people put into tanks have some serious side effects, even on people. so i try to run med free. other than that feel free to come down if you ever get sick! =D

Hehe... you know I'm joking. Don't want to get you in trouble at work :D

Interesting though.

Hey, how about some comments on this post:

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=1022.msg9550#msg9550

Erythromycin for cyano.

So do you have to feed your chromis yogurt when treating antibiotics :D

Hmm... any thoughts on Vibrio and RTN? That's a topic that shows up periodically. If so, could you post in the General discussion?

Thanks Patrick!

:D

Hi everyone. My name is Mike and I hail from Sunnyvale. I've had various FW and SW tanks over the past 15 years or so but just started my first 29 gal. reef tank a few weeks ago. Looks like I'm getting near the tail end of my cycle and am looking forward to adding some livestock soon.

Hope to get to know all of you. Take care.

Hello All!!

I finally joined BAR after being on Reef Central for awhile...

I have 2 nano's, a 15 gallon and a 30 gallon that is just in its late cycling process (Im looking for "not so expensive" live rock (B.T.W). I have to saw the reeftank is the best hobby ive had i years.

These forums are my best resource for the hobby and I appreciate the effort of those who make them available, and those who take the time to stay involved and post...

On that note...
Hope to see you at frag swaps and on line!!!

-Joebaca

hi my name is Andrew. i currently have a 65 reef ready up and running solid for about 7 months. I live in central valley area but work in SF. i am still learning heavily as much as i can on my reef system. i just bought a 90 RR with sump and holding off till i get the lighting i want before moving everything to it. reefing has become a very enjoyable hobby for me. so far in the 65 i have inhabitants of 2 tomato clowns, 1 hippo tang,1 royal gramma, 1 corus wrasse, 1 LTA, 1 Seabae, 1 Bubble tip,and a tube anemone carnation, button polyps, open brain, zoanthids, waving hand xienia, a few microscopic feather dusters and cup corals, chili pepper.

Back