Neptune Aquatics

[Oct 19, 2019] Regional Frag Swap (San Francisco)

Wlachnit

Past President
We're excited to announce BAR's biggest event of the year, the annual Regional Frag Swap. – OCTOBER 19, 2019

This frag swap is open to everyone; in fact, we encourage people from throughout California to come swap frags.
Details
Schedule
  • 11:00am - 12:00pm Register for the Frag Swap (Get your picking Letter)
  • 12:30pm Start Frag Swap
Requirements
  • Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.
  • Must be labeled with your username AND coral name AND lights used. You cannot swap if it doesn’t have this information.
  • We will be checking for unlabeled, mislabeled, sick, or dead coral.
Cost
  • Pre-registration is $20
  • Registration is $30 at the door.
  • Send money to the club's paypal account at paypal@bareefers.org
  • FREE for Spectators
  • The following corals cannot be used in frag swapping.
  • 81082BA9-CA2F-4A59-A47F-945C93853B87.jpeg (click to enlarge)
  • Food and drinks will be sold at the event by 7 Stills. Please no outside food or drink. Kid friendly.
Bonus Rounds
  • The bonus rounds are optional and consist of the first 2 picking rounds of the swap.
  • Once you're done with the bonus rounds, you continue the regular swap.
  • If you want to do the bonus rounds, you need to bring at least 3 bonus corals or 1 ultra coral from the bonus round list to receive each Bonus Round Ticket.
  • Bonus/Ultra coral qualification list was last updated for the Member Swap:
    • Bonus/Ultra zoanthid list is HERE
    • Bonus/Ultra SPS list is HERE
    • Bonus/Ultra LPS and Soft Coral list is HERE.
  • You can receive as many Bonus Round Tickets as you want. (Example: Bringing 9 bonus round frags gives you 3 bonus round tickets)
  • 3 Bonus Corals = 1 Bonus Round Ticket or 1 Ultra Coral = 1 Bonus Round Ticket.
  • New rule for max number of frags of any single coral you can bring to count toward bonus round tickets is:
    - Bonus corals: Max 5 of the same coral.
    - Ultra corals: No Max.
  • Of course you can bring as many corals as you want, this is just what counts toward bonus tickets. Note that this change makes it so that even if you only have 1 bonus coral type to share, you can still get 1 ticket with 3 frags of the same coral.

• READ THIS THREAD on bonus rounds before asking questions about it here.
Auction and/or Raffle Prizes
  • TBD

If you want to donate something for the raffle, visit this thread HERE

We also need a few volunteers as well. If you would like to volunteer, visit this thread HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the location address? I thought last year it was 100 Hooper St, yet when I google it I get now 1439 Egbert Ave, San Francisco, CA 94124.

Do they have two locations?
Not sure if I can make this, but was putting on the calendar just in case I can and wanted to make sure I have the correct address.

The Seven Stills location we used last member swap is undergoing construction and is unavailable. They generously offered a different Seven Stills location for us:

Seven Stills- Mission Taproom
2704 24th St, San Francisco, CA 94110

This location has more space, offers food in addition to drink, and overall looks great! More details to come.

San Francisco like in nature :)

Not sure what a Saturday is like during the day, but the times I've gone to Humphry Slocombe (super delish ice cream!) which is 5 or so blocks away on 24th parking has been "hope you get lucky" like.

There should be parking around the area, more if you look towards SFGH/101; there's the public parking garage as Philip makes a reference of.
**Very IMPORTANT is not to leave things in plain sight in your vehicle !!
24th Street is metered parking mainly but the adjacent streets tend not to. Saturday there's no residential parking enforcement (limit to one or two hours)
If you park by the playgrounds, I have to state again not to leave valuables in sight.

All of Bryant Street is non-2 hour parking. In general metered spots are very easy to find. If anyone is taking BART it’s a quick walk from the 24th street station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a new member. Is there a thread that explains rules and how it works? Do you need to bring frags and are things also for sale? Can you bring someone just to come see how it works?

Watchers are fine. We will get a rules etc post soon or bump one of the old ones at least. Usually need to bring 3 corals to swap and often we have vendors that sell frags as well.

Reactions: JVU
Updated posting with all the usual details about the frag swap. Please share with your friends and family. Payment sent!

Reactions: JVU
Some bit of confusion last time, bonus round corals count toward the main swap requirements but people still need the requirements, namely 3 different corals right? So the 2 oompa loompa and a pink diamond gets you a bonis ticket but you dont have 3 diffenent corals covered right?

One thing that is new this year for the frag swaps we’d like everyone aware of-

In order to participate in the next members-only frag swap, a member needs to have been a supporting member (paying member) since at least the preceding regional swap (which is about 6 months prior).

So for those of you who are not supporting members but who would like to participate in the 2020 members’ frag swap, you need to be supporting members by this upcoming regional frag swap in Oct.

You can upgrade your membership online any time, or at the regional swap.

Please note we are about to launch the new website upgrade, which should make becoming a supporting member and payment easier for those of you who have had issues with this.

Back