Kessil

Oh crap, my center brace is gone! (68g build thread)

kinetic

Supporting Member
68 Gallon System

Intro
Alright, nobody's in line for this one. ;) I'm actually putting this one up! Water and everything! I just tore down my 32 gallon tank (put it in a 40g breeder turned into a prop tank) and the new tank is now being moved into place (after the GFCIs are put in). Check this thread for updates! I'll probably need help along the way too from you guys =) Thanks for looking!

Specs:

Display Tank
Dimensions: 36" x 20" x 22"
Material: 1" Thick Polycast Acrylic
Design: Braceless / Trimless with external overflow
Detail: Rounded front corners, polished lip, black back

display_tank1.jpg

Stand
Dimensions: 36" x 22" x 36"
Material: Oak
Design: Tall, cherry stain, double overlay doors, open back
Detail: Regular mouldings

stand_closed.jpg

Sump
Dimensions: 24" x 20" x 16"
Material: 1/2" Plexi-G acrylic
Design: Eurobraced with 24" x 7" x 16" built in fuge, skimmer chamber with chiller bulkheads, probe holders, bubble trap, return chamber.

sump_close2.jpg

Flow/Plumbing
Return: Quiet One 4000 (~700gph after headloss) to two outlets
Flow: 2x Tunze 6025, 2x Tunze 6045
Drain: 2x 1.5" drains with stockman standpipes

Lighting
Hanging Pendant: Maristar 250watt HQI w/ 14k Pheonix, 2x 34watt T5 actinic
Moonlights: Current USA White Moonlights (x4)
Fuge Light: undecided

Filtration
Skimmer: Tunze 9010 skimmer
Filter: Tunze Nano Filter w/ RowaPhos and RowaCarbon
NNR (Natural Nitrate Reduction): Remote 4 gallon deep sand bed

Supplements
Ca System: Aquatic Systems Design custom calcium reactor system w/ eheim recirc pump, maxijet 400 feed pump, and 2.5lb tank
Food/Etc: Probidio (possibly), DT Phytoplankton

careactorsmall.jpg

Temperature
Heater: 2x 150watt Eheim Jager Heaters
Chiller: 1/6 HP AquaLogic Heater
Fans: Medium sized desk fan

Controllers
Main: Neptune Systems AquaController III
Outlets: Two DC8's, on two separate GFCI's
ATO: ReefFanatic Level Controller for topping off

Stocking / Design
Fuge: Possible SW Planted setup w/ Macro, sea grass, etc., otherwise eggcrate and chaeto ball
Display: 70 lbs of live rock (reeferrocks and marcorocks base rock combo), barebottom or short sand bed
Fish: Ocellaris pair, Genicanthus Bellus Female, chalk basslets, and whatever else I find
Coral: SPS and Zoos

Status
01.16.07: Broke down the 32g and moved it out of the way. I will be installing GFCI's and then hanging the pendant. After that's done, it should all be a matter of plumbing it all up. I also have the base rock laid out, I need to epoxy them into bigger pieces so they don't fall down against the glass.
01.10.07: Almost all equipment has arrived. Waiting on powerhead decision and the ca reactor to arrive.
12.06.06: Tank arrived! Now collecting equipment

worms? parasites? so it may infect my other fish?

I could QT them...

can you direct me to a resource about the worms they have?

I'll try to locate some info for you. Definitely QT and deworm them at the same time :)

Anyone know a good electrician to install some GFCI's on separate circuits (or something, I'm a newb) so that they won't trip each other?

Thanksss =)

not at the moment. I did get my Ca reactor setup in the mail, so I just have to hook that up. Other than that< i'm just waiting to get a saw blade for cutting pvc, and then I'll be ready to start plumbing it together.

I broke down my 32g tank and have everything in that 40g frag tank I have setup. I've been spending most of my attention on that thing. It's currently going smoothly, just have to get rid of some LR =/

pix:
ca_reactor1.jpg

ca_reactor2.jpg

ca_reactor3.jpg

It's a custom made ca reactor by Scott over at Aquatic System Designs. He has some amazing reactors, and this one was made to fit perfectly in the space I have left. It will easily handle the SPS in the system.

It came with EVERYTHING except a MJ400 which I bought for fairly cheap on marine depot. All the plumbing etc. I just need to hook it up with my AC III and it'll be good to go. The 2.5lb tank is due to the space constraints =/ Hopefully I won't need to refill it too often. If so I'll just toss a 20lb. bottle in my basement and route it in from there.

Once I get a saw blade for my miter saw, and some foam to pad the tank and sump, I'll start going all out to finish this beast.

Back