Neptune Aquatics

One tough little Coris Wrasse

thought I'd share the experience I just had with my Yellow Coris Wrasse. Around 2 months ago I saw he disappeared from my Frag tank. He had made it to the sump but I didn't know it at that time. I drained the water from my tank and sump around 2-3 weeks ago and left the sump sit in the tank stand- no heater, circulation or anything. Then yesterday when I went to remove my sump to clean it out that's when I saw him swimming around. I was quite surprised and quickly caught him and got him into my nano, where he's doing fine. So in total he was 2 months in a sump and more impressively, 2-3 weeks in about 2 gallons of water, uncirculating and at room temp which ranged from appx 65-72. It's amazing how resilient some fish are!

He looks a little skinny but not that much. He was probably a little fat to start with and scavanged whatever he could find in the sump all the while avoiding the various pumps & plumbing hazards.

Best fish for controlling nuisance predators for zoanthids. Plus they're pretty reefsafe imo. Had mine with Shrimp and never bothered them and a work horse at non stop hunting.

Kensington Reefer said:
Wow fish that won't die!! Fish sellers hate those kind.
;0

Interesting thing for an ex-fish seller to say :lol:

Back