Our mission

Peninsula Tank Tour April 20th 1-3 pm

My tank crashed today. I smelled electricity this morning and ignored it. Came home to find out my heater blew up in the sump. Most sps turned white. If you don't have enough ppl showing and the sps corals color up by 4/20, I will show my tank. I live in SSF.

2vsj1ux.jpg

bee505 said:
My tank crashed today. I smelled electricity this morning and ignored it. Came home to find out my heater blew up in the sump. Most sps turned white. If you don't have enough ppl showing and the sps corals color up by 4/20, I will show my tank. I live in SSF.

2vsj1ux.jpg

Aww man...sorry to hear that Bennet.

Bennet, I'm so sorry. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask. I can make water if you need to expidite a water change. I could probably spare 15 gallons of fresh RO from my top off if you need it. It's already made, but I can easily make more. Hope the damage is minimal. I also have some spare heaters for water changes if you need one.

sorry to hear that Bennet. Lmk if you need help. Also i am still planning to do a SF tour again later this year so maybe your tank will be better then. I would like to join this tour as a viewer though.

Please keep me down as a viewer. I would still love to see other people's tanks.

gimmito- I might have to take you up on the offer. I did a 20% water change last night and it was still cloudy this morning. My entire house smells like dead corals. I am considering doing a 50% water change.

denzil said:
What heater was it that blew up, Bennett?

Sorry to hear that your tank crashed. :(

It was the Stealth Heater. I can't remember what brand. It was one of those black plastic shatter proof ones. The wire was hanging in the sump, the cap popped off with the temp. dial, and the internals shot through the top. Good thing nothing caught on fire.

Poly Filter man... toss that in somewhere with some flow, in case any nasties leached into the system.

That said, I had a booboo this morning where a couple of my lepastrea colonies died... basically my Vortech stopped spinning (flashy lights on the controller which isn't exactly in plain sight) so I unplugged it and pulled the "I'll get to it later" bit... I think that was 4-5 days ago... noticed it today, and later came in a hurry. Only flow was a very gentle flow from the return which apparently wasn't enough for it.

Back