got ethical husbandry?

Pop in if you're around!

checkrazr said:
Hey Jim - Nice looking stands!!! Are you just going to stain them with varnish or are you going to paint them? Any recommendations on what type of paint if I want to paint a stand black? Thanks, Doug
Thanks!
We lucked into some nice red oak ply so I want to show off the wood. I'm gonna see how dark just the polyurethane makes it and then think about a light stain maybe. IDK what the best paint would be for your stand since I usually don't paint stands.

Do you have a logo yet Jim? Signage? Pop me an email if you need help with either. My printer is looking for business and I can get you some good deals. Of course any of my design work for you is free :)

I think we're pretty close on the logo although always open to more input. Ck out greenmarine.biz for the current incarnation. I will be needing signage and as soon as the logo is final, I'd love a referral. Thx-Jim

bookfish said:
I think we're pretty close on the logo although always open to more input. Ck out greenmarine.biz for the current incarnation. I will be needing signage and as soon as the logo is final, I'd love a referral. Thx-Jim

Good start :) I'll whip some and send them your way.

store094-1.jpg

store097.jpg

store105.jpg

store110.jpg

store112.jpg

store129.jpg

store148.jpg

store094.jpg

Jim if you haven't already you should post the website of your store. Someone sent it to me last week but I don't have it on hand or I would post it myself. Looks like its starting to shape up nicely.

That's the one! Truthfully, I've been keeping it sorta low-key on the club sites since I'm not an official sponsor yet. I have been approved to sponsor BAR but I don't think it's right to pre-promote before the sponsor period starts. So thanks for posting my link!

Thanks for keeping low key, Jim.

Hey all, Jim's new store is currently in the application process for becoming a BAR sponsor. While we look forward to welcoming him to the fold, it is not fair to promote his store until he actually is a sponsor. As such, while I am going to allow the thread to continue, I am removing the link to his website.

That's odd. Non sponsor links have been posted thousands of times on the forum. So now are you going to censor any links to non sponsors? If not I highly suggest you put back his link. You can't be a selective censor, that's just stupid!

GreshamH said:
I highly suggest you put back his link.

Done.

The BOD agreed that Jim's plans for Green Marine are completely in line with our mission. Welcome Green Marine, BAR's newest sponsor!

Dangerous store location. Just a couple blocks from my work. I am very happy to have a great space so close. You are welcome Jim. It was actually a thank you for you introducing me to BAR.

Back