Neptune Aquatics

R/C Helicopters

I've got a Blade-CX2 180 EFL Helicopter. Got it a few years back. Its been sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Its got half an inch of dust on it. LOL Reason I don't fly it is because there is something wrong with it... Think its the battery and the Swashplate. When I first flew it, I broke the Swashplate and replaced it with another plastic one, since then, it never really flew "straight" or something like that... Need to fix it up...

Western_reefer said:
I've got a Blade-CX2 180 EFL Helicopter. Got it a few years back. Its been sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Its got half an inch of dust on it. LOL Reason I don't fly it is because there is something wrong with it... Think its the battery and the Swashplate. When I first flew it, I broke the Swashplate and replaced it with another plastic one, since then, it never really flew "straight" or something like that... Need to fix it up...
Dr. Screebo's heli clinic can help......... :) The Blade CX2 is somewhat entry level with lots of plastic parts. We could still likely get it flying straight again for you.....

Western_reefer said:
screebo- how much would it cost for you guys to take a look at it/fix it up?
I'd look at it for the fun of it and can give you a idea if it's an adjustment or something needs replacing. Lots of Blade heli spares around. It shouldn't be a big deal, they are real easy to work on.

screebo said:
Western_reefer said:
screebo- how much would it cost for you guys to take a look at it/fix it up?
I'd look at it for the fun of it and can give you a idea if it's an adjustment or something needs replacing. Lots of Blade heli spares around. It shouldn't be a big deal, they are real easy to work on.

Oh, okay. :) Where are you located? I'm in West Sacramento. Here are a few pictures of the heli.
4qkf1v.jpg

2r3awit.jpg

2w2h1mo.jpg

I'm on the Peninsula. If you don't see anything broken, the next thing to check is the main shaft for straightness. If the rotors wobble at all when spooling up the throttle, it needs to be replaced. A coaxial heli like this one is a cinch to fly and a good trainer. The counter rotating props cancel out torque and preclude the need for a tail rotor. Does it seem to function correctly when you apply tilt to the rotor:? Since E Flight uses a lot of plastic parts, it's not quite as repairable as heli's that are mostly machined aluminum parts. The good news is that E Flite has researched what people need to replace even sub assemblies are pretty cheap.

I see one issue right away with the picture. It's missing one of the control links that attaches the fly-bar to the top rotor. That's gonna create aerial havoc. :) If you stopped by a local R/C helicopter store, they'd likely have a link that would work and maybe even check it out a little further while you are there. It should be a simple fix. Once it's flying correctly, we can go into flight lessons 1/2 hour before the meeting.... H)

Bring it to the next meeting a half hour early with the transmitter. Have the transmitter and heli fully charged and we'll see what goes.....

I'm not sure. I didn't fly it for a while now. I need to get a new battery.

What is a control link that attaches the fly-bar to the top rotor? lol

Also, when/where are the meetings?

Next meeting won't be till December (always the 3nd sat of the month) at Chabot College in Hayward.

Thanks Brian, not sure what happened there :lol:

Moses, normally at 1pm. Watch this forum: http://www.bareefers.org/home/forum/6 for the official announcement or check the homepage (www.BAReefers.org)

GreshamH said:
Thanks Brian, not sure what happened there :lol:

Moses, normally at 1pm. Watch this forum: http://www.bareefers.org/home/forum/6 for the official announcement or check the homepage (www.BAReefers.org)
Okay, thanks!! :)

Back