Neptune Aquatics

R2R targeted discrimination

Have you seen this?

I saw how it started on R2R, it was so wrong.
This hobby is anything but not inclusive. No one should lose access to this hobby just because they are different..
Bob (Humble fish) got banned from the forum because he spoke against it.
Silver lining is people like Rich and Bob, they did amazing job standing up and speaking up..

Last edited:
While R2R is big on pay to play, i do not think this was biz motivated, if the forum has religious motivations it should be stated. Not saying we inclusive and love everyone then do this..
Some ppl got bullies following them to their FB. One person spoke up on the thread i shared, bullies figured out their info and followed them..

Last edited:
Saddens me. We can’t fix every wrong in the world but hopefully we can at least help make our hobby more welcoming to everyone. I signed the petition.
My wife and I signed up also, I also contacted couple of the sponsors that I deal with to raise awareness and understsnd where they stand on this. If they support bigotry, they do not deserve my biz..

Last edited:
This is humble fish new fb.
For those who do not know humble fish, he is a titan in this hobby and one of the pillar that made R2R..

I see and read the petition but does anyone have the link to R2R’s stated changes?

They deleted many other threads or anybpost thst dare to mention or voice support..

This is wrong on many levels. In California, there is a law that businesses cannot discriminate against customers based on any protected status (race, religion, national origin, gender AND sexual orientation, among others). It is called the Unruh Act. I believe it was enacted when hotel and restaurants were refusing service to people based on their race. If R2R sells anything in CA, and if they banned people because of their sexual orientation, they have potential liability for that type of discrimination. In America in 2021, no one should be "banned" because of who they love or who they find sexually attractive. The Bay Area has been a place of refuge for people in the LGBTQ community for a very long time. Reefers in that community should feel comfortable here!

Found it.

Late last year, the California Supreme Court issued a ruling with implications for online businesses going forward. In White v. Square, Inc., 7 Cal. 5th 1019 (2019), a bankruptcy attorney brought a claim against Square under California’s Unruh Civil Rights Act based on allegedly discriminatory terms and conditions that limited the ability of bankruptcy attorneys to use the payment processing service. The court was asked to decide whether the plaintiff had standing under Unruh where he only visited the website and did not actually transact with Square’s online business. The court held that a person visiting a website and encountering discriminatory behavior was no different from patrons encountering discrimination the moment they enter a physical retail store. White lowers the burden for plaintiffs to bring civil rights and disability rights claims in California against online businesses.

Unruh Civil Rights Act

The Unruh Civil Rights Act provides that all persons within California are “free and equal, and no matter what their sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, primary language, or immigration status are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities, privileges, or services in all business establishments of every kind whatsoever.” Since passing the underlying law in 1897, California has enacted several amendments that expanded the scope of Unruh’s protections. Over the past several decades, courts in California have cast a wide net with regard to Unruh. Unruh gained notoriety in 1985 when the California Supreme Court ruled that the common business practice of offering discounts and free admission to women at nightclubs violated Unruh.

Found it.

Hmm. I don’t find anything about their position that I disagree with. I hope that those that signed the petition also read what R2R had to say in response.

Nothing is prohibiting people of the LGBTQ+ community from taking part in any part of the forum. R2R is simply saying that they don’t want to have threads started that are about topics that would discuss those topics. The forum is a reefing forum; there is nothing about reefing that has anything to do with LGBTQ+. R2R (and BAR) has the same policy about politics and religion.

Where does it state anything that is bigoted, hateful, or even anti-LGBTQ+?

Hmm. I don’t find anything about their position that I disagree with. I hope that those that signed the petition also read what R2R had to say in response.

Nothing is prohibiting people of the LGBTQ+ community from taking part in any part of the forum. R2R is simply saying that they don’t want to have threads started that are about topics that would discuss those topics. The forum is a reefing forum; there is nothing about reefing that has anything to do with LGBTQ+. R2R (and BAR) has the same policy about politics and religion.

Where does it state anything that is bigoted, hateful, or even anti-LGBTQ+?
Saying you cannot identify your gender because R2R is only about reefing, yet run woodwork and prayers threads is bigotry.
Their position is typical position of bigots out there..we love u, as long as you do not identify as diffrent..oldest trick in the book when it come to discrimination against LGBTQ..

Seems they are ok with people talking about many other things besides reefing but put their foot down when it comes to the LGBTQ+ community. Not a good look and I hope something changes from this.

Saying you cannot identify your gender because R2R is only about reefing, yet run woodwork and prayers threads is bigotry.
Their position is typical position of bigots out there..we love u, as long as you do not identify as diffrent..oldest trick in the book when it come to discrimination against LGBTQ..
But they said directly the opposite. You can identify your gender and sexual orientation. You just can’t start a thread that is specifically about that.

“I do want to clarify that this is not meant to say that someone may not identify their gender identity or sexual orientation. So for example, members are certainly welcome to mention their significant others or talk about family events, relationship to spouses as it relates to the hobby (i.e. "my wife doesn't like how much I spend on coral"), etc. We're simply asking that we not have entire threads/discussions dedicated to this type of topic.”

Back